Are you now, where you wanted to be before the world went insane?

Dallas, Texas
No. I am not. Here is my post. I said it. I am not where I wanted to be before the world went insane. The world has always been crazy. I just woke up one day and realized it before having the chance to run away from it. I ran until I could find nowhere to run to. There are no corners of the earth left to get away from the insanity. It is time to look to the stars for the way to new awakenings from this age into the next age that may not even happen if global warming and current human conflict escalates out of control Looking back and then looking forward. I look back and see many years of good times and bad times. But back in the 60s the days and nights were good ones. The family and the life we all shared in Dallas and the rest of the Country were a simple one, innocent and care free. Looking forward, I realize my time is shorter than it has already been in my past. Looking at my own life yard stick, I am nearly 60. I know there are not many years left for me and for this reason I find it difficult to forget the past and not as enthusiastic about tomorrow. I live now in the moment, for the moment. Even though I hope for a better tomorrow for myself and my family and the planet. But for those who are living in their early years, who do not see the future ahead and plans for the future remain hidden or retained on the back burner for now, those of you who are living in the moment as if tomorrow doesn't matter, well, one day you will find that you are in the same situation as I am. The sun rises for all of us but will I see a day when man has reached the point where it is no longer necessary to wage wars?
@1hopefulman (28327)
I share your concerns and hopes. I wake up and read a story such as and I want to go to sleep and never wake up. There is no way that man could ever end wars and live in peace. Why do I say that? Because it doesn't take much or many to start a war but it would take all of us to work together, to be reasonable, to be unselfish, to not be greedy, to get rid of hatred from our hearts and to share and love one another. How could that ever happen? However, here is a promise of God: Isaiah 2:2-4 American Standard Version (ASV) 2 And it shall come to pass in the latter days, that the mountain of Jehovah’s house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many peoples shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of Jehovah from Jerusalem. 4 And he will judge between the nations, and will decide concerning many peoples; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. So, with man it is impossible but with God all things are possible! Are we there yet? All the signs show that it might not be too long now! .
The burning of buses sent to evacuate Shia villages in Syria throws Aleppo evacuation plan into doubt.
@moffittjc (42939)
• Gainesville, Florida
I had a young millennial tell me not too long ago that the reason today's youth act the way they do is because they are the first generation that doesn't have a bright future to look forward to. They have been told from their moment of birth that we have polluted the planet beyond repair; we are running out of oil; we are running out of clean water; global warming is melting all the ice; resources are being consumed faster than we can replenish them; the human population is out of control and unsustainable; the country is in debt beyond control; corporations run the world, not politicians; and wars fought over religion is the new norm. They are the first generation with no sense of hope whatsoever.
• Dallas, Texas
You hit the nail on the head. Ouch! That hurts.
@moffittjc (42939)
• Gainesville, Florida
@lookatdesktop Yeah, it does hurt, doesn't it? I try to tell my kids not to focus on the negative that is throughout the world around them, but to focus on the positive things that is in their local community right in front of them. They may not be able to change the world, but they can sure make a difference right in their own community!
• Dallas, Texas
@moffittjc , You are a good father to your children.
@buenavida (8009)
• Sweden
Why not read about the solution to the world problems? This has been fulfilled during thousands of years and we can see the end coming closer. See especially what will happen in our time.. Daniel 2:44.. There are millions who are eagerly waiting this to be fulfilled soon..
Daniel 2:1-49—Navigate by chapter and verse in the American Standard Version of the Bible.
• Dallas, Texas
I read the Book of Daniel. Actually, how does the Book of Daniel directly pertain to the year 2016 or for that matter this particular century? Isn't this a bit like putting the cart before the horse?
@buenavida (8009)
• Sweden
@lookatdesktop Good question! If you like to study this deeper, there is a lot of information and it is well worth to read it. Perhaps this site can be interesting for you, or if you meet Jehovah's Witnesses, you can ask them to find more info. The chronology in the Bible actually explains how we know that we live in the time of the end. Jesus also talked about it - Matthew 24..
This is an authorized Web site of Jehovah’s Witnesses. It is a research tool for publications in various languages produced by Jehovah’s Witnesses.
@kevinakash (1947)
• Sri Lanka
good point indeed. enjoyed reading this. but i should think about this more
• Dallas, Texas
Thanks for your comment.
@louievill (18639)
It went crazier and in my opinion became sort of kinda irreversible after the last down turn, but that just my opinion and others might have other time markers.
• Dallas, Texas
Others share your feelings about the latest downturn. or rather, downturns.
@LeaPea2417 (20309)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I have thought the exact same things that you write above.
@Bluedoll (17069)
I agree as we get older the future is not as important as it once was and as long as we can maintain some reasonable existence then we can live out our life. We are on our way out of the world. But for the young, the world we leave behind will be full of hard challenges. We can care about this. I have hope for young people. The world will be different for them and there is hard work ahead for them. War is insanity. That won't work. Some people feel it is too late and God needs to be in the picture. Maybe that is true. But looking back in time and knowing how God interacts, I know who will be doing the repair work. Not God.
No, as long as humans roam this earth, wars, big and small, will always be a constant. Humans always want to take what others have, and humans have a tendency to dislike those who do not believe as they do.
@sabtraversa (13327)
I'm at home, where I'd like to be I guess. As someone living in her early years (well, I'm 21), I think it's mainly about adapting to these times. I still hope for change, we all do. It's much easier to communicate nowadays, and that can have a positive influence, I believe. People can share tips and plans. Even the smallest thing, such as a motivational speech or a petition to sign, can have a huge impact. I'm quite optimistic, it seems.