I'm SO Happy Right Now!

Boise, Idaho
I watch this show on the Food Network. It is the Holiday Baking Championship. It was finales tonight. Three people. This one guy is from the south and has this delightful accent. He looks more like a computer nerd than a baker though. For the last bake off they had to make a holiday cake. His was a pecan and coconut with buttercream filling. He won! He over this one gal who made a chocolate cake with peppermint sweet filling. And I can't remember what the other guy made. I love butter cream and marzipan fillings. Yum! What's your favorite cake? I'd have to say that my carrot cake is probably the favorite that I make. The favorite one to eat is german chocolate. And you?
Chocolate made by me, but I could go for a bake shop coconut at this time of year. Some of those things they made on that show were amazing...works of art.
Yes, they were. I saw one that was with the two English judges that judge on another show I watch in the summer. They were by themselves and bakes about five different cakes and they looked devine. One wasn't a cake but was this luscious looking outside crust with leftover stuffing, turkey and cranberries. I would love to have tried it.
@celticeagle I have to turn it off sometimes, it makes me want to eat...
@AbbyGreenhill .....I tell ya my salivary glands were working watching that show.
I have a few favorites where cake is concerned. Marble, chocolate, German chocolate, carrot. Basically as long as it has chocolate in it, I'm good. Carrot being the exception. I also love the light whipped frosting over the buttercream, but I like that too. Also the cream cheese frosting - that might be my favorite frosting.
I like the two last ones you mentioned. I'd like to try some the fancy wedding type ones sometimes. Cream cheese is good. I like the buttercream and the sweet frosting, part whipped cream I guess. Yum! Making myself hungry.
@celticeagle Wedding cake is the best. I love all the frosted decorations on them. If I can, I'll take those flowers over plain frosted any day.
@just4him ......I just am curious as to the fillings and such. The looks of the flowers and other decorations are outstanding. I have seen some very interesting ones online or TV. They can do anything now days with them. They used to be so plane compared to now days.
I dont actually even know what marzipan is
It is almond paste.
@celticeagle ah, well yummy then!
@Jessicalynnt .....You should try it sometime. It is yumiffic.
@kevinakash (1967)
• Sri Lanka
yeah i like anykind of chocolate cake. but you reminded me of carrot cake which i've heard only once andhaven't eaten that. i should try this.
Yes, chocolate cake is great.
• Sri Lanka
@kevinakash .....With buttercream filling.
I love german chocolate with coconut frosting. That is really good. Or red velvet cake.
Red velvet is so red.
@celticeagle Red for Christmas.
@jstory07 ......But green is more attractive as far as I am concerned. I don't care for red at all. What cake is green? Hmmm. LOL
@Guoooo (82)
• Chengdu, China
no picture?
Of what?
@Guoooo (82)
• Chengdu, China
@celticeagle cake picture,whats the cake look like? I want to see the colour,the chocolate,coconut,cream and butter
@Guoooo .......Good luck.
If I were you, I would feel so hungry when I watched this TV show My favorite cake is the chocolate cake. Something like black forest cake is my favorite
That is a good choice. I do get hungry watching this show.
@GreatMartin (4315)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Ah you git it--I LOVE CARROT CAKE!!!! Can never get enough of it!! I doubt your can be as good as the woman in Memphis, Tennessee, who made me every year for Christmas--took 2 muscled hands to lift it!!! LOL Of course if you think yours is better you can always send me one and I will tell you!! (Was the subtle enough?)
Yes, plenty supte. Mine is heavy because of the flour I use for flavor. Probably not near as heavy though.
@garymarsh6 (12101)
Can I say I just like cake! I love Donuts but not those horrible krispy kreme things I think they are horrible. Our donuts are much nicer.
I like most of them too. I'm not too into KK's either. Not much to them.
@OreoBrownie (3349)
• Winder, Georgia
I love real carrot cake.
I make a good carrot cake. Have gotten compliments on it.
• Preston, England
Anything with lots of marzipan for me
I do so agree.
@Fishmomma (11507)
I wanted him to win. He is the first home baker to win and think we will see more home bakers try out next season. Its not easy when the woman won so many challenges during the season. I did like her cake, but thought the outside didn't say holiday to me. If that cake had said holiday, then her inside would have won. I really enjoy a lemon cake.
I did too. I thought he was the most interesting of them all. Next time it will some kids. Should be interesting.
@shaynas (5565)
It's happiness, when your favorite contestant wins the show :)
Yes, it is. He was great!
Glad he won then. Hmm, my favourite is at a tie of red velvet and angelfood.