Hectic Traffic Making Me Arrive Late at Office

Kochi, India
The traffic in my city is becoming worse day by day and due to the hectic traffic in Kochi city in Kerala, I am always in the habit of reaching late at the office. It affects my overall attendance at the office and also results in salary loss for me. I always try to reach early at the office, but somehow in the middle I get stuck up with the traffic and reaches late at the office by 5 to 20 minutes. The management does not want to hear any excuse and they keep on deducting my salary. The only solution for this is to leave from home earlier by 20 minutes or search for any alternate route to my office. I know that most of the roads in Kochi are suffering from severe traffic congestion and does not seem to have any other alternate route to my office that can help me reach on time.
It does seem that the only solution is to leave a lot earlier so you will not be late for work.
• Kochi, India
Yes Deborah..That seems to be the only option left
@4mymak (1796)
Hi.. the traffic jam can be very bad in our place, too.. In normal traffic I can reach the office in less than 30 minutes, but when it is really bad.. I wont reach home even after one hour.. Maybe you could look into other transportation options for your children, as well.. carpool with other parents, maybe.. you can even offer to pay for the service.. some of my friends do that, since they have to leave soooo early in the morning to beat the traffic jam to the office..
• Kochi, India
That seems to be a better option. Thanks for your suggestions.
This is a bit tricky isn't it? It seems you will need to leave home even earlier if you want to get to work on time.
• Kochi, India
But I can leave my home only after sending my kids to school which is at a fixed time. So anyhow I can only leave after that..
You will just have to leave early enough to make it on time.
• Kochi, India
Yes Judy..That is the only option left for me now.