Lost faith in Kaspersky and yeah ... Windows

@yugocean (3376)
I had updated Kaspersky Internet Security for my Laptop. But it is as powerful as it allowed virus to corrupt HDD, now I have to shell good amount for it and also additional charge of installing Windows. I am not going to Windows again, they attrect viruses. Move on something better. Kaspersky isn't good either, now even if required, I am not going to use that garbage.
@vandana7 (55311)
Hey...we bought Kasperesky three years package at one go...you are scaring me.
@yugocean (3376)
I am sorry, but this actually happened, my IT geek friend told me today Kaspersky if got old, it will become weak. And this is truth, it was more than a year old. 3 years package isn't good.
@vandana7 (55311)
@yugocean ...:(
@renicemae (1952)
@yugocean I guess all antiviruses gets weak as it gets old. You just uave to continue updating it so that it can uodate its list of latest viruses, malwares to fight for.
@topffer (28534)
• France
For your use, which seems mainly to be working on internet, I am quite sure that you will be very satisfied by Linux once everything will have been configured. And you know what ? It is probably possible to access to your corrupted Windows drive from Linux to save your data.
@yugocean (3376)
Still need to ask many things, please be in touch I will continuously inform you. And yes, many times I have to use some writing like we have Words in MS. MS files will work in linux, or there are something else?
@yugocean (3376)
@topffer You mean I have to download extra softwares to do things. But I am ok with it, I just have to learn how they work etc etc. And perhaps different browser, what browser you will recommend?
@topffer (28534)
• France
@yugocean I have always preferred browsers from the Firefox family, but it is a matter of taste.
@PatZAnthony (11756)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It seems there are many things included or sold to us that don't do the job.
@yugocean (3376)
This is what actually means, and we are perhaps the victims because actually antivirus companies are behind virus attacks.
@renicemae (1952)
@yugocean True. Business will always be business.
@yugocean (3376)
@renicemae That is why I want to get rid of Windows as well better to move
I am fine with Kaspersky. In fact I feel it over protects me
@yugocean (3376)
How much time you are with it?
@yugocean Over 3 years.
@yugocean (3376)
@allknowing Over three years, this is too much. Are you using Kaspersky 2014?
@Daljinder (19275)
We haven't used Kaspersky for long. Bro switched from multiple security software before settling on one. I don't know which one he uses now. Avast or Windows security maybe?
@yugocean (3376)
I am using Mobile now, not yet ready with laptop. But remember DJ, using more than one security in one PC will harm it.
@Daljinder (19275)
@yugocean We have one Desktop and 2 laptops. He tested them before we got laptop
@yugocean (3376)
@Daljinder is that more than one anti virus, or something else? One anti virus and one anti malware can work, but two anti virus running together will harm each other.
@renicemae (1952)
I'm not satisfied with Kaspersky's performance also. Today, I use Avira as my antivirus program. It's effective for me. Dont throw your HDD. Datas can still be recovered. There is a lot of ways in the net.
@yugocean (3376)
I won't throw it away, but it have to be done, replacing it. Any advice?
@yugocean (3376)
@renicemae I am not IT expert, only some normal experience but not this. Maybe @topffer can advice, or any other but I don't see my other IT genuie myLot pals online now a days.
@DaddyEvil (20868)
@renicemae @yugocean Yes, I have experience at both. I am not an IT specialist, either. I simply know my way around computers. Janice, you just have to shift the setting on the old HDD to slave unit and plug it in like normal. It cannot boot that way but can be read and files transferred without even using that program. The program is mostly fill with some spyware included so the designers can tell if there is anything on the old drive they can harvest to earn money from. Yugocean, there is nothing I can help you with. Sorry.
@1hopefulman (17518)
What are you thinking of using now?
@yugocean (3376)
Mobile, and waiting to fix my laptop
@1hopefulman (17518)
@yugocean I see! I also see that you want to install Linux. I'll look into that for the future as I don't like windows either.
@yugocean (3376)
@1hopefulman Vista is now outdated, soon Win 7 will follow, and then 8 and so on. We better move from Windows and viruses.
• Preston, England
AVG is not bad
@DaddyEvil (20868)
@arthurchappell Why settle for "not bad" when you could have "excellent" instead? I suggest looking at Avast or Avira. Both are on the top charts in the United States. (Just a suggestion.)
• Preston, England
@DaddyEvil I'll keep it in mind, cheers
@DaddyEvil (20868)