Is this a classy way to behave?

@Fleura (5886)
United Kingdom
No doubt many people have received gifts from friends or relatives that they really don’t know what to do with, I know I have. So what do you do with them? Perhaps you could re-gift them to someone else who you believe will appreciate them more, donate them to a charity or even discreetly sell them – or you could splash the details all over social media and national newspapers, along with lots of photos and even the personal notes that came with them. This is what India Hicks, cousin and goddaughter of Prince Charles, has chosen to do. In my opinion this just goes to show that money and social connections do not buy class. This is the sort of behaviour you might expect from some clueless teenager but this person is 49. If I was Prince Charles I wouldn’t have anything further to do with her. Do you think this is an acceptable way to treat someone who has sent you many expensive gifts over the years? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4053670/Not-saucer-Charles-years-potty-pottery-gifts-cousin-revealed-finally-unpacks-boxes-kept-cellar.html All rights reserved. © Text and image copyright Fleur 2016.
@CoralLevang (39900)
And I hope that Charles and the rest of the Royal Family see that article and, instead, get her a plastic tray at the Dollar Store the next gift sent. What an ungrateful cow.
@Fleura (5886)
My thoughts too - and she says that now after moving house she has finally opened it up and begun using it, so what is she complaining about?
@CoralLevang (39900)
@Fleura let someone think what they may... You can't control that. But for her to be so insensitive to post that... It seems that she is purposefully trying to embarrass the Royal Family, or has no embarrassment of herself. She sounds like a spoiled little brat
@Fleura (5886)
@CoralLevang Maybe she is short of money or something!
• Denmark
Who says that all upper-class people have class?
@Fleura (5886)
I wonder whether I am just out of touch with modern social mores - do you think this is normal?
• Denmark
@Fleura I don't think it's normal. This woman may be just the black sheep of the family.
She certainly went about it the wrong way given her lineage which for all intents and purposes makes people like me feel they are supposed to be raised with more finesse than that displayed. Now if only Prince Charles would do the same with the senseless gifts she most likely sent to him but then I doubt he'd stoop that low.
@Fleura (5886)
I doubt if the spoilt little rich girl ever sent him anything - and no I can't imagine he would stoop to her level.
Since I'm not familiar with what nobility is supposed to represent @Fleura aren't they educated to be diplomatic? I got that notion from books I've read, here in the US we don't have nobility just rich people who didn't get a proper education before earning a lot of money.
@Fleura (5886)
@rebelann the real upper classes you would expect to be tactful and discreet just like any properly-behaved person, but of course some of them can go wrong just like anybody else.
That's a terrible way to behave - it would serve her right if no-one gave her a gift ever again.
@Fleura (5886)
You'd be afraid to give her anything wouldn't you?
@Fleura You certainly would.
That is shocking behaviour. I would cut her out of my life completely - god-daughter or not. I know it's a terrible thing to say but I really hope she lives to regret this.
@Fleura (5886)
I know what you mean - I hope in years to come some ungrateful wretch embarrasses her in a very public way!
She kept them, and now she's started using them. She's finally grown into them and I can imagine that she and Charles have had a laugh about this before she 'went public'. She doesn't sound too ungrateful to me; she was getting gifts you'd get your granny when she was eight years old! :-) {It's from the Daily Mail and it looks like they just hashed it together from her own social media account!}
@Fleura (5886)
Yes I know they were rather too 'grown-up' and boring for an 8-year-old, but I guess it takes years to build up an entire dinner service : ) I hope they have had a laugh about it because if I was Charles and I didn't know and then I found she had been poking fun at my gifts and my notes for all the world to laugh at I wouldn't send her anything else again for sure!
She went too far !Granted that she didn't like those gifts,but she shouldn't disgrace Prince Charles like that.
@Fleura (5886)
It seems a nasty way to treat someone who has sent her expensive gifts over the years, even showing (and poking fun at) the little personal notes that came with them.
we all have class upper and lower
@Fleura (5886)
Very true!
I strongly believe there is a reason behind this act, a message she wanted to send. And, yes, it wasn’t a nice way to do it, although we don’t know what inspired her. That’s why I had a discussion on that subject with my closest friends some time ago. Sharing all our experiences was hilarious. From that day on, we ask a person what they want, collect the money and buy that certain thing, or just deliver the money if that’s what someone chooses.
@Fleura (5886)
Gift-giving - and receiving - is a minefield!
I would re gift .....or stick in the loft ... whichever was easier !
I fully agree with you and I hope that the Royal Family from now on is offering her nothing at all, so she has nothing to show.