A surprise Christmas gift

@sunrisefan (21526)
I was relaxing and viewing a noontime show on TV after lunch when I noticed a car drive into our village and pass by our house. I peeped on the window and saw that it was the Mitsubishi Strada service vehicle of our cooperative. After backing off beside our house, the car stopped in front of our house and out came the CEO. She, accompanied by the Product Development Officer, the driver and another staff, personally delivered the coop's Christmas gift for me. It was not the usual basket of red wine, fruits, canned goods, etc. but an envelope. She said "No basket of goodies this time Sir but this envelope as approved by the Board". Oh by the way, a planner came with the envelope. The planner would be very useful to remind me of the schedule of various meetings. I was greatly surprised but happy with the gift because we could use it to augment our holiday expenses. Am thankful to God for His good timing :) Merry Christmas everyone!
I hope you were dressed as they came unexpectedly =) Very nice gift you received too!
@sunrisefan No in your PAJAMAS or boxers?! =)
@sunrisefan (21526)
@infatuatedbby No - in shirt and shorts :)
@sunrisefan Haha. =)
@ridingbet (60771)
that is so nice of them to give you the gift for this Christmas. merry Christmas to you my friend
@sunrisefan (21526)
Merry Christmas too, Ingrid. Looking at the news on TV at the moment and the storm is gaining strength and will hit land in Bicol on Christmas day. Thousands are stranded in bus terminals and seaport waiting for a ride.
@ridingbet (60771)
@sunrisefan from time to time, i check on the news. it is gloomy here with some showers and winds. i hope Nina will move fast and leave PAR tonight.
@sunrisefan (21526)
@ridingbet Same wish here :)
Wow , i am happy for you my friend . Actually , we are to be dismissed early today at 5:00 , but we the Management Committee group are made to wait for our bonus because it will be given to us one by one by our General manager . The rank and files were already given theirs by the Finance head . We are not actually expecting it to be big because we don't have much income this year . But still i am hoping it is something a bit big . I am so thankful to God .
@sunrisefan (21526)
Big or small - if it's heartily given - that should be fine, isn't it?
@sunrisefan Yes ! I am always thankful to God .
@sunrisefan (21526)
@Inlemay (17140)
• South Africa
envelopes are more than welcome I am sure - great gift to you
@sunrisefan (21526)
And I've already shared it in advance with the beneficiaries of our housing project before who came over to the house the other day for the children in the village where we erected the houses.
@Inlemay (17140)
• South Africa
@sunrisefan now that is very humblingly generous - May you always be blessed
@sunrisefan (21526)
@Inlemay Thanks Lany :)
@valmnz (12858)
• New Zealand
How nice that you are recognised like that.
@sunrisefan (21526)
Yes and I'm happy because the gift can supplement our Christmas budget, Ms. Val :)
@valmnz (12858)
• New Zealand
@sunrisefan now, I need something like that
@sunrisefan (21526)
@valmnz Hehehe! God is good, Ms. Val, and He will provide what you need :)
@magallon (18104)
That was such a really nice gift. I think it is much better than Christmas baskets..
@sunrisefan (21526)
Yes because it can supplement our budget for unexpected gifts for others.
@magallon (18104)
@sunrisefan Yeah right..
Wow! Really a great surprise. Happy Christmas.
@sunrisefan (21526)
Thanks! Very happy to receive it as I can share it too :) Merry Christmas Ms. Andrea/Eliza :)
@sunrisefan True. Welcome.
• New Delhi, India
That is so sweet of them. Do other members also get these kind if gifts by your ceo
@sunrisefan (21526)
I think the gifts were for the members of the working committees. I'm a member of 2 working committees - the investments committee and the technical working group that oversees branch construction and renovations.