Spider!

Pixabay
Rochester, New York
I was sitting at my sisters last night with my nieces. Mum was with me and we were hanging out and chatting. The eldest was texting with her crush and the youngest was watching Hannah Montana. The house was super quiet and I was almost asleep on the love seat. The next thing I know the eldest jumps up screaming about a spider. She almost knocks over the tree and takes off running into her mothers bedroom at the end of the hallway. The youngest screams and runs into the bathroom and slams the door. I was sitting on the love seat next to mum laughing hysterically. The youngest comes out and climbs onto my lap with the house phone. She calls her mom and says "Mommy there's a spider on the couch, you HAVE to come home right now and kill it!" My sister says something and then the youngest says "This IS an emergency mommy there's a spider on the couch! Call the animal control!! I'm not getting off Lala's lap!" The eldest came out and proceeded to climb on top of my mums lap and refused to leave until their mother came home. Both of them sat there facing the couch so they could look for the spider and make sure it doesn't come near them.
Im scared of spiders too. once I was trying to get rid of one, I was really scared.
• Rochester, New York
I'm not scared of them, but they aren't welcome in my presence. lol
@PatZAnthony (12616)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We move whatever we can to the great outdoors. It is funny how these things really do scare some. This is learned behavior, of course.
• Rochester, New York
Spiders and I have an unwritten rule.. they stay away from me and they won't get squished. lol
• Preston, England
sounds like it caused quite a panic lol
• Rochester, New York
I wish I had my phone and the video running. It would have been great.
• Preston, England
@LisaSteinmetz there will probably be other spiders so you could get another chance - surprised they didn't dial 911
@DWDavis (10771)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Did y'all ever find the spider?
• Rochester, New York
I have no idea, lol I never went over to look for it.