Very White Christmas In Calgary!

@antonbunot (10046)
Calgary, Alberta
It is just 12 hours before Christmas day. Most Canadians love "White Christmas" but not "very white" like now. Snow accumulation is 10 to 15 centimeters already and still snowing. Whew, I miss sunny/warm Christmas in the Philippines. O, no! According to the news, a typhoon is making a landfall in the Philippines including Manila on Christmas day! Bad news. Look at the picture above . . dark and gloomy! I hate it. But I am sure our friend - Paigea - is happy coz she loves to ski.
I am glad we are not getting snow. It's nice the first hour and after that it's yucky.
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
@sharon6345 Can we switch places this Christmas till new year!
@antonbunot Sure can.. all your heart desires.
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
@sharon6345 Lots of crashes today . . . roads are covered with thick snow and very slippery. Thank heavens, my truck's tires are winter tires. My car got all-season tires, so am not driving it this winter. D'you still want to switch?
@fishtiger58 (30317)
• Momence, Illinois
Yup that's a fair amount of snow
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
@fishtiger58 No kidding, it is! And I don't love it.
@fishtiger58 (30317)
• Momence, Illinois
@antonbunot Ours all melted overnight as it rained most of the night. I love that lol.
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
@fishtiger58 Wow! I guess Donald Trump is also taking credit of the melting of snow overnight in Illinois! He is taking credit of everything good in America!
@brokenbee (8332)
Good news? Bad news? Who knows? Hihihihi! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Can you please send some snow so that I can make halo halo? LOL
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
@brokenbee LOL . . . I will send you a ton of snow through pay pal! . . How are you, pretty young lady? Hope you are enjoying being single . . They say it is better to live free like the priests and nuns. Merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous new year to you and your loving family.
@brokenbee (8332)
@antonbunot I'm always fine... Hihihi Thanks! Yes, I enjoy every minute of it. Haha!
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
@brokenbee Hmmm, r u sure u r still single?!
@Madshadi (9031)
• Brussels, Belgium
How I wish we had that snow here
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
@Madshadi Not snowing down there yet! O, if only I have the means to move all these white stuff to Belgium, I would hastily do.
@Madshadi (9031)
• Brussels, Belgium
@antonbunot thanks! Many here would appreciate you doing that
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
@Madshadi All I can do is PRAY to the heavens that next Christmas season in Canada will be sunny, warm, and snowless . . and snowy in Belgium.
@silvermist (20096)
@antonbunot A real white Christmas.We do not get snow here.Yes,the news about the Typhoon is a sad one.
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
So, just like the Philippines, it does not snow in India? I wish I could send all the snow in front of house to your place so that you could build a snow man, @silvermist
@silvermist (20096)
@antonbunot That would be fun.Of course,I do not want my drive way to be under a whole lot of snow.
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
@silvermist Okay, I would just dump the white stuff on your neighbor's driveway!
@ridingbet (61623)
kumusta kabsat? how are you, brother? our new year here will be wet, and gloomy. Christmas up there in Bicol was a windy Christmas because of the typhoon. ours will be wet, and i don't like because it is slippery when wet, the roads i mean
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
@ridingbet . . . "Slippery when wet!" Whew, my brain goes crazy when snowy and cold. . . Anyway, just fine here, kabsat. Spent our Christmas eve at our daughter's place. Yeah, heard about the typhoon on Christmas day down there.
@ridingbet (61623)
@antonbunot it was in @SIMPLYD's hometown i think that had the typhoon-stricken Christmas day, kabsat. ours up to this day, is still a gloomy, drizzle-ly post-Christmas day and new year's day as well.
jio julito iwe never get snow here in southern California
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
@Hatley I should move to Southern California . . . I hate snow.
@antonbunot thats why Im here I lovecd my first 26 ywars in ?South Daikota sniow sniow an more snow and below zero temps all winter brrrr
I love how lots of snowy pictures look like black and white photos except for perhaps a splash of colour.
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
@JudyEv Brrrr so cold even today! Does it snow in Australia, my friend? My cousin is in Melbourne; but never asked her if it snows down under . .
@antonbunot There are areas in Australia where it snows and we actually have more snow in Australia than Switzerland. Melbourne might very occasionally get one or two flakes perhaps but that would be very unusual.
I am happy and we had some fresh snow here too!!! Remember, the days are already getting longer! Merry Christmas! How many grandchildren will you see over Christmas? I will not see family until Monday, Boxing Day. But that is okay. Hubby and I are enjoying a quiet Christmas day together.
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
Just 4 grandchildren are in Calgary this Christmas, my friend. The other 4 who are in Regina are not coming to Calgary this holiday. We are going to church this morning . . am dressed up already, but my missus is just half done. Another hour of waiting, I am sure! . . Here is our grandkid #8 . . he is not happy posing for picture as I was taking so long to make a shot!
@antonbunot So cute. We will be seeing family tomorrow
Much too snow white for this warm blooded creature!
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
@JohnRoberts LOL . . you are right! But I feel safer with 15 cm of snow than 150 miles of devastating wind in the Philippines.
• Walnut Creek, California
@antonbunot There's always something. In Iowa, it was bitter cold Winters and tornadoes in the warmer months (very rare). Here in California, it's earthquakes.
• Walnut Creek, California
Is it sticky enough for building a snow man?
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
O, yeah . . . but no one in our neighborhood is building snowman . . Everybody is busy shoveling snow.
I am a Canuk too and used to love snow, but now that I am over the hill, the snow is not in my favorite thing. Actually, it is a good thing that you are in Canada right now with the snow, better than being in the middle of a typhoon. Must be so scary.
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
@marlina How are you doing in the east, my friend? Snowing over there, too? Thank heavens, the snow finally ceased and it is now a bit warm and sunny here . . but, o boy, the snow on the curbs and on the road is giving us a headache . .
@DWDavis (15615)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
If I had to choose between snow and a typhoon, I'd pick the snow. I hope y'all have a happy holiday.
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
@DWDavis I do, too. O, well today (Christmas day) the weather forecast is SUNNY. It's just 6 a.m. and still dark here. O, nooooo . . . got to shovel the snow!
The snow is so beautiful to look at. I am so glad we do not have to drive in it.
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
@jstory07 . . . O, it was 15 cms. of snow yesterday when I had to go and pick up my wife from her workplace. . . Lots of cars were skidding . . heard from the radio lots of crashes. Thank heavens, ,my truck got winter tires.
I read that about the Philippines - I hope our friends there stay safe. Happy Christmas Julito.
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
@jaboUK O, I am sure they do. Thanks, my friend . . . And Merry Christmas to you and your loving family, too.
I like your white landscape better then our melting slushy landscape-its really mild here today.
@antonbunot (10046)
• Calgary, Alberta
@Juliaacv O, since this early morning I have shovelled snow three times already! Whew!
Yesterday, it was raining and for a while it was freezing rain, very scary.
@scheng1 (24741)
Come to my country in this case. it is still hot and sunny with occasional showers in the afternoon.