Number One Hit For Poison

Riga, Latvia
I am very much an oldies fan and into good old rock and roll. However I also like other kinds of music like country and even some pieces from hard rock bands. It all depends on my mood mostly. Anyway back in the 1980s music known as “glam metal” or “hair metal” came on the scene with bands like Nirvana and Motley Crue. This kind of music got a nice following and the band Poison finally made it to number one on the Billboard Hot 100 with “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” on December 24, 1988. You could say they got quite a nice Christmas present. My poetic heart related right away to the sad lyrics and to the rhythm here. Up until this point Poison most popular song had been “Talk Dirty To Me” in 1986. Then the band came out with their second album Open Up and Say...Ahh! which went on to sell over 8 million copies and of course, included their number one hit. So even thought this was never among my favorite music genres I discovered that there are some song worth listening to. “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” got great exposure over the radio and on MTV. Searching for this song on YouTube I discovered that Miley Cyrus has her cover version of this song. I still prefer the original but she does do a decent singing job on this so it just depends which you like better. http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/every-rose-has-its-thorn-puts-poison-atop-the-charts
We both lie silently still In the dead of the night Although we both lie close together We feel miles apart inside Was it something I said or something I did...
@ilocosboy (25387)
yeah, I also love these guys