Can Anyone Suggest a Good Gift for a House Warming Ceremony?

Kochi, India
Hi Friends. I do have a house warming ceremony to attend this week and this is related to one of my close friends. Anyway I will be attending the ceremony, but the major thing that I am concerned is about what gift to give for the event. I have to buy a gift and present it, but am really getting confused on what gift to give on a house warming event. I have heard that when we give a gift for any occasion, it should be beneficial for the recipient rather that just putting it in their show case. Can anyone help me out by giving some good suggestions on what gift to buy for a friend's house warming ceremony. I know that you all can provide a good list of suggestions from which I can choose the best one. Awaiting your suggestions regarding the same.
@ms1864 (6943)
• Bangalore, India
have you thought about a gift basket?
• Kochi, India
wow..this one is so cute..
@cahaya1983 (5967)
Personalized baskets seem to be popular these days, if you know what the recipient likes. That way you can put in different kinds of stuff and they don't even have to be expensive. Otherwise I stick to house decor/appliances.
• Kochi, India
That one is also a better option Cahaya. Thanks for your suggestions.