Are These Comments?

@tallawah (9094)
Kingston, Jamaica
Quite a few of my Mylot friends have made similar posts to the one I am about to make. I have noticed, as many of you have, that some people leave comments which have absolutely no value whatsoever. They are insults, they are pointless, they are just done for some kind of troll like growth in the commentators heart.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Great post!
I have seen plenty of those "useless" comments too.
@tallawah (9094)
• Kingston, Jamaica
I had to make this post because it so annoyed me... I didn't realise there were people who would take the time just to be annoying/offensive/smarmy.
@FayeHazel (19039)
@tallawah Smarmy - love that word
@Gina145 (3974)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Unfortunately that kind of thing happens on a lot of sites. I wrote a few similar posts at Bubblews, including one which specifically requested that people don't comment, just to see who'd actually bothered to read my post. The trouble is that the people we're really talking to in posts like this one aren't ever going to read them.
@tallawah (9094)
• Kingston, Jamaica
That is true, but I just thought I'd show solidarity with those who have complained about this before, and I never experienced it to the extent that I have so as to be able to respond correctly.
@Gina145 (3974)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@tallawah I'm not saying you shouldn't post about it. As I said I've done it too. I just wish there was a way to get the right people to read posts like this one.
• Pleasant Hill, California
At least we get the (naughty) pleasure of a joke on them.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Just kidding. I get those too.I tend to ignore them and visit those who leave "real" comments.
@tallawah (9094)
• Kingston, Jamaica
Just this morning I was about to answer such a comment when it struck me... why is this person here? And I cancelled my comment, and left the discussion. Ignoring them is the best method
• Pleasant Hill, California
@tallawah Once in a while I'll type "Thanks for what?" or "What did you like about it?" But it's a waste of energy.
@tallawah (9094)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@TheHorse it is... there's one particular PITA (pain in the As) who constantly makes her 'contribution'
Move on. And don´t mind those that leave those comments. Probably they want to add another fraction of a cent to their purse and have no idea what a social site it.
@tallawah (9094)
• Kingston, Jamaica
Perfectly put! That is the answer. They don't know how to be social. They don't know that the comments are often more valuable than the article.
@tallawah I don´t have much patience with the newbies who ask how to earn big here. I wonder, instead of posting those 1 line stupid posts, why don´t they read the rules? Fortunatly for them, there are some people who take their time explaining. Of course, after that they are no longer interested
@tallawah (9094)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@marguicha I have lost patience myself. Although I try to assume, if I read something from someone which seems to suggest that English is not their 1st language that they might not understand, in many cases I realise that the fraction of a cent for a comment drives them.
@FayeHazel (19039)
Oh dear -- I have been fortunate enough to not encounter any of these.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Let me go to your posts and torment you with a couple.
@tallawah (9094)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@TheHorse I was like Faye... didn't get them... but then... realised... YES! I had gotten them. I had interpreted one sauerkraut as making these comments because she didn't under stand... No! She is just being her horrible self.
@Bluedoll (17054)
@TheHorse ? what is the point of your comment to @FayeHazel
• Prairieville, Louisiana
Discussions with no value are likely to be deleted by the mylot administration.
@tallawah (9094)
• Kingston, Jamaica
Not the discussion, the comments. It is like posting some set of remarks about the rain on this post.
@Bluedoll (17054)
In my humble opinion it is something that admin needs to address or not address. What we can do is delete any comments we don't find suitable in our posts. I don't mind getting pointless comments as some are funny but rudeness is not something I want to tolerate.
@tallawah (9094)
• Kingston, Jamaica
In many cases it is not precisely rudeness, it is a comment without purpose... as The Horse has tried to explain. It is not a comment that one knows how to reply to or if there should be a reply. It is done by the writer to get that fraction of a cent for a comment.
@ms1864 (6975)
• Bangalore, India
insults? I haven't seen any in a while. Sorry to hear you are still having to face it. But like you said...there is always the option to overlook it. I don't mind people disagreeing with me as long as it is done politely.
@tallawah (9094)
• Kingston, Jamaica
The disagreement is not done as if you have a right to your opinion, it is done as if you have no right to disagee
The bad, the good and the ugly are all a part of this universe. How else could the good be appreciated if there was no 'bad' and 'ugly'?
@tallawah (9094)
• Kingston, Jamaica
That is well put
@akalinus (20026)
I see those comments a lot. I never heard of it. I don't know. Other comments of the same ilk. It is annoying because they are only answering to rack up points. I wish people would skip discussions they really don't have an opinion of or knowledge about.
@tallawah (9094)
• Kingston, Jamaica
Yes! Precisely! Why comment if you are going to say nothing or just post an annoying remark? As you say... points.
Just ignoring those types of comments and not responding to them seems like the way to go. If a user here leaves comments that offend or leaves comments that are senseless, then I just skip the discussions of those who do so.
@tallawah (9094)
• Kingston, Jamaica
It tends to sour the discussion. If you read an item and disagree then say so and say why, maybe a person is mistaken or misguided. I know a chap who thought they spoke Spanish in Jamaica. He wasn't being unpleasant, he just didn't know. Fine. But to fling an attack without an explanation? What use is that... save points.
@cahaya1983 (10039)
True. Unfortunately this has always been a problem here on myLot, especially among new members who clearly don't understand how this site really works. They obviously leave those meaningless responses hoping that we'll leave a comment on their discussions as well. I'd rather not leave a response at all if I've nothing to say.
@Mike197602 (13866)
ok thanks...