OK my myLot friends - what are your plans for New Year's Eve?

We are winding down 2016 - just a few more days until we welcome in a new year. When I was young New Year's Eve was a big party time for sure. Lots of them I don't remember much of I will admit...yes, I did my share of drinking. I don't partake any longer - I gave up the booze in the mid 80's and never looked back. Now that my husband and I are old, grey and tired...we can barely stay awake until 10:30 pm. I try to stay awake but it's a no go! I know the new year is coming and when I wake up New Year's Day it all happened anyway with us so not a big deal. When we lived in New Jersey in a big metro area the noise that went on could wake the dead...now we live in a dead area - out here in the boonies the farmers are sound asleep even earlier than we are! I predict a quiet, early night this coming Saturday.....we will be safe and sound - what about you....what are your plans for New Year's Eve? Photo: pixabay.com/en/anniversary-sparkling-wine-bottle-157238/
My parents never saw in the New Year when we were young. They were farmers and had cows to milk in the mornings. As teenagers and young adults we would party long and hard. We will be joining friends for four nights in a holiday house and will see in the New Year with them - if we last till midnight!
With a group it might be easier to stay awake - good luck!
@AbbyGreenhill We usually have dinner quite late then wait a while before we have dessert - and we might play cards or a board game.
@ptrikha_2 (5386)
That will be a great celebration indeed!
We used have packages you could buy. Dinner, dancing, noise makers, etc. for a certain price. I did my share of drinking too. Not so anymore. I will be here watching New York count it down, then see it around the world later. I live on the edge of town so hopefully it won't be too noisy. I just hope that the customers across the street at Taco Bell don't get rowdy.
That one we went to was at a place that just hold banquests and things like New Year's Eve...I've blown a few noise makers LOL! When I was a kid we took the trash can lids and a wooden spoon and made racket at midnight - we never see or hear kids outside in daylight so I'm not expecting anything at night.
@AbbyGreenhill ......We get a few fireworks. Downtown they have a potato that drops like the fancy one they have in NYC.
@celticeagle our town had nothing
Maybe traveling.
We won't know if you travel or not since you are invisible!
@AbbyGreenhill Well, I think you have a point.
@TheInvisibleMan lol it wasn't hard to come up with that!
I am not sure, we may or may not stay up, it's rather late, lol
Late is 10:10 LOL
@AbbyGreenhill yeah, if we ever make past 10:30 it is a miracle, or an emergency
@Jessicalynnt The last time we went out was Dec. 31 1997 and I only remember it clearly because it was our first New Year's together and the last time we went out LOL. And we got married a month later.
I am lucky if I can make it to 10.
I know exactly what you mean. One year we rented a movie from Direct TV and I slept thru it.
• Boone, North Carolina
@Marlina @AbbyGreenhill - I hear ya'll - even though I'm over most of the jet-lag, my circadian rhythm is sill set to the sun - as soon as it sets, my body gets tired & I'm barely able to stay awake, utter nonsensical phrases to whomever is lucky enough to be talking to me then. And in the mountains with the high ridges, sunset in this valley comes as early as 5:30! yes! Of course I wake up around 2-3 am.... sigh ... maybe in 2017 I'll stay up long enough for the 6'oclock news LOL
@SunnyShores Good luck trying to stay up a little later.
@LeaPea2417 (12821)
• Toccoa, Georgia
New Years Eve is my husband and my Wedding Anniversary. We will probably go out to eat. It is amazing to think but it will be 29 years. Time is going by fast.
Time always flies we just don't notice until we are old(er) Happy Anniversary.
@LeaPea2417 (12821)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@AbbyGreenhill Thank you!
• Rochester, New York
I am staying home and doing absolutely nothing. I will most likely be on here and doing Mint Vine.
• Marion, Kansas
I do mintvine a little. Guess I could do more. It sounds like we should a have a virtual myLot party. I will bring "mock champagne"because we have to keep it family friendly.
Two of you mentioned it - what is minevine?
• Rochester, New York
@GardenGerty I do MintVine every night and have had some great results. I've made quite a bit there. I'll bring the pop corn!! I have a lot of it at the moment. lol
Nothing special, staying home since I don't like crowds
Look what happened at so many malls yesterday that was nuts and had to have been pre-planned.
@AbbyGreenhill I don't want to experience it. I shopped online. This morning we did stop by Sears but we were in/out quick as we knew what items we wanted. :)
• Boone, North Carolina
@AbbyGreenhill omgosh - this kinda stuff is what made me hesitate to move back to the USA..
The only plans we have is moving our stuff from this house into our new one this weekend. =)
And that will be enough of a good time right LOL. Hope this will be your last move for a while.
@AbbyGreenhill Yes! Except we still can't live there because the water issue isn't fixed yet. =( We don't plan on moving for a while after this.
@spaceseed (2929)
Mine is only one plan or resolution to be vegetarian. already discussed
Good luck with the changes you are making.
• Marion, Kansas
Unless hubby comes up with something to surprise me, I will also be at home and in bed.
• Boone, North Carolina
sounds like pizza & movie night :) @GardenGerty
My New Years Eve will probably reflect the last few years....me sitting on the recliner watching the ball drop in Times Square on tv. No more partying for me
There is a place in TN, not sure where and don't care where, they say they drop a rodent...not sure if it's true (but it could be)
@rina110383 (21987)
Stay home and watch fireworks display from my window.
That is a great idea! Staying safe that way.
In bed by 10
10, I might make it to 10:15 LOL
@AbbyGreenhill if I get caught up in a movie I might be up a bit later
• Boone, North Carolina
@AbbyGreenhill Happy New Years! Sounds like a lovely way to spend the new year eve - in quiet company with the ones you love. The party years are long over for me too- nowadays a 'big party moment' is eating something delicious from 'home'. For 12 years I've celebrated New Years abroad - this year, I'm back in the USA and not quite sure what to do - I might just order a pizza & watch a movie :) and I'm sure I'll be making ZZZ's by mid evening as well :)
Boone NC - a beautiful area....pizza and a movie is a good way to ring in the new year.
• Boone, North Carolina
@AbbyGreenhill we might even have snow - BBrrrr
@Anshu246 (1033)
• Patna, India
I have planned for a picnic with my family..we will first go to my sister's hostel and will pick her up from there and then we will move to our target spot where we will eat play and enjoy and will welcome the new year..
A picnic, that sounds like fun and something to look forward to
@Anshu246 (1033)
• Patna, India
@AbbyGreenhill yes..obviously I will have fun with my family
@oracle1ac (341)
we will be going for an all night party at my nephews house
An all night party - wow, you better rest up for that.
@AbbyGreenhill if i dont go for this party i will probable not go see them ever again lol
@Tina30219 (23213)
• Onaway, Michigan
We are having some friends over and we are going to play wii Mario kart and some other games and have some drinks and snacks as well.
That sounds like a nice evening you have planned...enjoy!
@Tina30219 (23213)
• Onaway, Michigan
@AbbyGreenhill Yep can't wait.
• Raurkela, India
Nothing much as we too are an old couple.
So you will be going to sleep early too then...
• Raurkela, India
@AbbyGreenhill Not always as at times I do some content writing and at times watch my favourite tv serials.
@silvermist (14875)
@AbbyGreenhill No plans to stay awake to welcome New Year.
So a normal night - same here LOL
@silvermist (14875)
@AbbyGreenhill It just says we are getting old?