I'm so glad it finally over... now I can shop for me!!!

Pixabay
Rochester, New York
Over the past few weeks I was able to pick up some hours at work. It was so hectic that I hardly got online at all because of how exhausting it has been. One thing I dislike about working retail is working around the holidays. Alas I smiled my way through it all and am expecting a nice paycheck this week because of it all. Once that paycheck comes then I'll be Christmas shopping for myself which will be loads of fun because I have a few things at work that I want to buy. The only thing under the tree for me was a tin of popcorn and a candle from my sister. Mind you that didn't bother me at all, because as the others had gifts then I was good.
Good for you.
• Rochester, New York
I usually do this every Christmas for myself.
@LisaSteinmetz It's nice.
I received nothing but a nice card from the kids and a wonderful meal. The neighbor brought us over some goodies. It will be fun for you to shop for you. Enjoy!
• Rochester, New York
I always have more fun shopping for myself than for other people. It's just easier that way.
@LisaSteinmetz .....You know what you like.
@zarlamain (24866)
Wow, you were very busy with work! I hope you get lots of shopping done for yourself! That's okay. As long as you are content with your gifts, that's all that matters. Have fun!
• Rochester, New York
I was fine with what I received. Christmas really isn't fun unless the whole family is together. Right now we're all spread out so it has lost a bit of it's magick.
@zarlamain (24866)
@LisaSteinmetz That's great! Yes, it's really fun that way. I hope you are all able to get together someday.
Hope you get a good paycheck and, happy shopping.
• Rochester, New York
I hope so too. I am ordering a few things from Amazon and getting some stuff for mum at work.
@shey816 (235)
It's your "me time" now.
• Rochester, New York
yes it is and i can't wait to have fun with my Me time!
My husband and I go shopping after Christmas each year and get what we wanted from the clearance sections.
• Rochester, New York
That's what I do too. I love it and find that I get what I want without having to return anything.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
It will be more pleasant to shop when the crowds have gone. I'd love to go shopping in New York
• Rochester, New York
Today it wasn't as bad as it usually is because most of the folks did their returns yesterday. lol
@cahaya1983 (10036)
Must be tough working around the holidays, but maybe you're used to it. You definitely deserve that me-time shopping, have fun!