Elusive Shoes

@noni1959 (3226)
I've been trying to find shoes that I can wear with dresses, jeans, and pants that are not wedges, spiked heels, made of that weird material like in Crocs, or pointy toes. I have severe arthritis and those are hard on my feet and the pointed shoes are so ugly. I look up websites and finding something is elusive or expensive. A site that caters to someone like me, Barking Dog Shoes, has some nice shoes but I cannot invest $150 for a simple pair of maryjanes. Another issue is I have boats for feet. My dad said I had good foundation with big feet. Thanks dad. Do you have a website you'd recommend?
I found nice shoes on an European site (Zalando), but I believe they are not present in the United States.
@noni1959 (3226)
I can check out and see if they have a website. I worry about buying out of the US but if recommended by someone I take a chance.
@noni1959 Do not buy out of the US or you will have to pay the custom.
@Plethos (10315)
I don't know about sites but have ever tried brands like Sketchers? Or women's work shoes/boots. Either way, special shoes will cost a lot.
@noni1959 (3226)
I have a pair of Sketchers that are tennis shoes that slip on. I forgot the word but maybe called mule? They have a high core so I'm sore by the end of the day but they are my go to shoes right now except for work.
@Plethos (10315)
@noni1959 - I have sketchers with memory foam. They are good to me. Maybe you also need to find socks that can help you.
sadly i've nary a clue, hon. i jest wear my roper boots 's they're the most comfy i've found. best 'f luck!
@noni1959 (3226)
I miss my boots. My arthritis doesn't allow me the pleasure now.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
Since I do not wear women's shoes I am of no help. (To show you how much I know about woman's shoes is the only "maryjanes" I've heard of you smoke. Something I learned in my teenager years.)
@noni1959 (3226)
Ha ha ha. I didn't think about how that sounded when I wrote it. I haven't heard that since my teen years either.
Gosh, I'm sorry I can't help. I hope someone else can. Luckily my feet are very 'common'.
@noni1959 (3226)
It's crazy just over the last three years I can't wear a pair of flats that were OK back then. It's hard. I'd live in slippers but I'm in a rainy and snowy part of Oregon.
• New Delhi, India
For me shopping for footwear online is simply not advisable... There are so many things to check...style, fit ,comfort and look
@noni1959 (3226)
That's true. I usually have to try them on and walk around the house. I have been lucky with two pair before from online but usually have to return.