Cold Front in the Home Front

That's right, we are experiencing a cold front in our home right now. We have an 18-month old high tech eco system, which consists of a tankless hot water heater and our boiler system. It is basically a rectangular box that hangs on the wall with copper pipes running here and there and well, its electronic. But, on Christmas Eve I got up and noticed it very cold in the house. I went to the eco system, which was quiet and saw ERR and a little picture of a red wrench. I got my husband up and he pressed the reset button. He had to do that a couple of times on Christmas Day, but we were warm and it was only an inconvenience at that time. Yesterday he had the owner of the shop that installed the unit here for half of the day. And he is coming back today. Its only 15C (or 59F) in our home. So I'm up early sipping my coffee and babysitting the reset button. I've had better starts to the day, but hope to get some of my Christmas decorations put away during this "found" time that I have on my hands.
A cold front is reaching us, we are going to lose 10º C today and from tomorrow we will be below 0º C. The Christmas decorations will stay up until the 7th of January, we wait to remove them after the Three Kings Day (Epiphany), that is still celebrate in most European countries.
I take everything down except for the Nativity Scene, which stays up until Epiphany. I have the fireplace going now, so its warming me nicely. We have mild low temperatures at night around freezing, which is working in our favour.
@Juliaacv I light the fireplace in the evening, because I love the smell of the burning logs. The house is warm.
@LadyDuck We like it as it cuts the dampness, but this morning its more of a necessity for warmth. I'll be relieved when George comes to complete the repairs today and the house warms back up to the temperature that we like it at. I don't dare run the dishwasher as I don't imagine that the system will hold out long enough to produce enough of the very hot water required to run a load of dishes. I'm drinking my morning coffee out of a disposable cup today.
Oh dear, what a shame. I hope it gets fixed quickly.
Thank you. Its all done so differently today. The owner of the heating/cooling company comes here and although he is a licensed technician, he has to call a help line, and they direct him as to what to replace. I guess that its difficult for the companies that manufacture these units to stay competitive, and the technicians out in the field have to learn so many different systems, this is a "helper" tool calling that help desk. I've been resetting it several times in the time that I've been up today and the pump has overheated twice now and has shut back down. I have to leave it alone to let that pump cool off before I fry it completely. It is one of the parts to be replaced later on today.
@Juliaacv I just hope it gets done soon so you can go back to being warm and cosy.
@JudyEv Due to my age......I'm feeling very warm right now!
@dpk262006 (56473)
In such a chilly weather if your high tech eco system is non functional, it could unsettle the life. You should immediately get it sorted out.
We had a technician out yesterday and he's returning today. It goes down to around the freezing mark at night, which is unseasonably warm for our area at this time of the year, that is working in our favour.
@dpk262006 (56473)
@Juliaacv Hopefully things would have sorted out by now.
@dpk262006 Yes thank you, they are.
@Morleyhunt (20292)
That does sound like an inconvenience. It's still sounds easier......hitting the reset button......than the hours of bailing we had to do when the sump pump quit a few years ago.
Oh we had that before here too. Then my hubby found a sump pump that's main power source was water pressure, with hydro as a back up, so when the power went out, the sump pump still worked. I've used the reset button so many times this morning that I've caused the pump to overheat. I've got the fireplace on now, and I'll soon lie down for a bit of a rest and then maybe the pump can cool down again. On the bright side, I have a load of wash done already.
@Morleyhunt (20292)
@Juliaacv getting up early does tend to make us productive....at least until exhaustion overtakes us.
There is one blowing in here too. We need some cooler weather.
We had the technician out to the house a couple of days ago and now its nice and toasty in here again.
Hope the maintenance guy can get your system working efficiently again and you won't have to worry about that darn reset button. I haven't even thought about putting away any of the Christmas decorations yet as I'm either just too lazy or just plain old tired
Its so cool in the house here, that putting stuff away seemed like a good use of my time plus it kept my mind busy. I had to keep getting up anyways every little while to press the reset button. The technician will be here by noon, he comes from quite far and has a several hour drive.
I wondered if you had gotten someone out there yet. At least it didn't go completely out, that would have made several rough days indeed.
My husband got the answering service when he called yesterday-they were taking yesterday as 1 of the stats, Monday & Tuesday for the 25th and 26th. But he did remember that he had his cell so he texted him and he was here for a very long time. The help line advised him that the pump inside of the boiler is overheating which is causing the system to shut down. And there are a couple of other pieces that need replacement. We have a 5 year warranty, so I am disappointed that they don't just replace the entire system with several parts needing to be swapped out, and then I wonder how that will affect the overall warranty as well as what the warranty is on those parts. Hmmmm, so much to consider.