The Florida Eagle Cam

@patgalca (13962)
Orangeville, Ontario
Have you seen this? I just came upon it today on Facebook where it was called by news stations as Hatch Watch. I then turned to YouTube to find this live feed. Mother Eagle (Harriet) takes turn with Father (M15) in taking care of the eggs. When one has had enough they get off the eggs (there are 2) and call out to the other to come. I am finding it fascinating. These eggs have been incubating for 35 days! They are due this week and there is already evidence of holes and cracks in the egg. Nature is fascinating. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gymPFiPE88I
@bunnybon7 (33027)
• Holiday, Florida
it sure is and hard to stop watching sometimes. lol
@patgalca (13962)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I just keep the tab open and go back and check on it every once in awhile. I mean I've literally had it on since I got up around noon. The parents stand up once in awhile and poke at the eggs, trying to roll them and get them going I guess. It's interesting.
@bunnybon7 (33027)
• Holiday, Florida
@patgalca is that on the explorer website? i used to watch that with new puppies and baby animals at times. so cute
@patgalca (13962)
• Orangeville, Ontario
@bunnybon7 I'm watching it on YouTube. It's entitled Northwest Florida Eagle Cam. The camera has been up for four years and, I believe, filmed the hatching of these two eagle parents.
@Gina145 (4094)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I've never seen that one, but I used to watch the Decorah Eagles regularly a year or two back. It's really fascinating seeing how quickly those chicks turn into full sizes eagles. The best part is the period shortly before fledging when they're learning to use their wings.
@patgalca (13962)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I love watching how animals reproduce, some like humans, some not. I hope I don't miss these eggs hatching, like it happens while I'm sleeping or something. I know it's coming soon. I've never seen this before.
@Gina145 (4094)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@patgalca I don't think I've ever seen the eggs hatch. I hope you're lucky enough to see it happen.
@Fishmomma (11617)
I saw it on Facebook. I'm glad you posted this uplifting article. I love to see the parents working together.
It mumust be very exciting watching them hatch
@LoriAMoore (9916)
Thanks for letting us know about that.