Plans Change

@Morleyhunt (21021)
The weeks plans were set. Christmas Day, church in the morning, Christmas dinner in the evening, just the three of us. Boxing Day, brunch with the entire family. Opening of presents, games and of course more food. The next day, my four year old granddaughter was coming for a sleepover until Wednesday afternoon. Plans change. The four year old had a rash. Food allergies? Environmental? Wednesday afternoon she left to go to a walkin clinic. It's viral....plans to visit Opa are on hold....going to Daycare on Thirsday and Friday....no longer an option. Grandma gets a four year old, who certainly doesn't act sick (other than itching) for the rest of the week. We've, read stories, played outside, spent time colouring and now she has had her first sewing lessons. She has sewed buttons to flowers for appliqués. A wall hanging has been started....she is also learning to embroider. What kind of trouble will we get into tomorrow.
It's true with little ones plans can change at any time. I hope your granddaughter feels better soon and the rash goes away soon. I hope until then that you enjoy your time together! =)
@Morleyhunt (21021)
She doesn't act the least bit sick...just itchy. She is having lots of fun with grandma.
@Morleyhunt I'm glad your having fun together, that's awesome! =)
Oh, you are having a great time with your granddaughter!! Love the wall hanging!!! Such fun for both of you to work together on that.
@Morleyhunt (21021)
We are having lots of fun. Tonight daddy is off work so. She will not be coming tomorrow. A free day. No....can't be. The wall hanging will probably be a long time finishing.
I didn't realize that a 4 year old could see button.
@Morleyhunt (21021)
The four year old can learn to do so many things if you are willing to be patient.
It great that you are spending quality time together and she is getting to learn many new things. You are such a wonderful grandma. She must enjoy getting to spend all that extra time with you. I hope she gets some relief from that rash soon.
@Morleyhunt (21021)
We'll all be glad when the rash has run its course. The itches aren't fun. Thank goodness she has no other symptoms.
@Morleyhunt that is good then. Poor little darling.
Creativity certainly runs in your family. Great job by your little one
@Morleyhunt (21021)
She is loving the sewing. Now she is sticking a happy face and her name in an embroidery hoop. She has her mommies OCD.
Himmmmm, maybe she'll chase the chicks for ya?
@Morleyhunt (21021)
No....she isn't going near the barn....bio-security is in effect.
Ummm, so because she's ill she can't go outside or near the barn @Morleyhunt ?
@Morleyhunt (21021)
@rebelann technically my husband and someone who is authorized are the only ones who can enter the barn. Even I need to take serious precautions before I go in. They are very serious about disease prevention amongst the chickens.
@FayeHazel (20151)
Looks like it's a good time for her to learn some fun new skills. I just hope that gram doesn't get the rash too
@Morleyhunt (21021)
Grandma had already been well and truly exposed before the rash became apparent. If we get it, we deal with it. All five of my kids had chicken pox.....3 at the same time......one of my kids had chicken pox three times. I'm a tough old bird.
I also make many plans but some could not be completed
@Morleyhunt (21021)
Plans are made. Plans are changed and changed again.
These are great skills she is learning. How about baking cookies with her 'help'?
@Morleyhunt (21021)
She has helped bake cookies. She helps me make soup for lunch. She's a great helper when setting the table.
@Morleyhunt She sounds a great little kid and an interesting companion.
@Morleyhunt (21021)
@JudyEv she is such a sweet child. She is imaginative...bright....funny. There is also so much more to her story.
She must be a smart little cookie to be able to sew a button on at such a young age. I think that I was at least twice her age before I mastered that art. But then again.......look at her teacher!
@Morleyhunt (21021)
The biggest challenge to teaching her is the fact that she is left handed. No one in our family was left handed. Now I have two grandchildren who are lefties. This is a steep learning curve for grandma.
I imagine that's a tricky one to show.
How about creating a wedding gown for her doll? That sounds like a great time.
@Morleyhunt (21021)
I don't think she's ready for a wedding gown for her doll. Now in a few years......
@Morleyhunt lol I figured it was in her blood!!
So is it chicken pox? I hope the itching subsides soon, and you are obviously doing the best thing by keeping her occupied.
@Morleyhunt (21021)
It's not confirmed chicken pox, but some of the spots are by suspicious. Keeping her little hands busy has been the best way to keep her from scratching, although I have threatened her with mittens.
Viruses seems to be quite abundant lately. Hope she recovers quickly.
@Morleyhunt (21021)
We hope this one moves along quickly.
You are a really good grandmother to her.
@Morleyhunt (21021)
I enjoy spending time with all my grandchildren. Sandra is here at least once a week so I seem to be the closest to her.
@sallypup (28651)
• Moses Lake, Washington
You sound like a wonderful Grandma who engages with her kiddos.
• Trinidad And Tobago
Nature at work. Our plans are dependent on outside factors too...that's why it's so hard to control things. Illness is unpredictable.