Condolences to the Reynolds/Fischer families

@FayeHazel (19951)
My heart goes out to the Reynolds and Fischer families during this trying time.  Debbie Reynolds was perhaps best known for her role in "Singing in the Rain", she was the mother of Carrie Fischer who many know better as "Princess Leia" from the "Stars Wars" franchise.  Carrie passed away first from a cardiac arrest , Debbie following a day later from massive stroke.  According to this heart breaking article she (Debbie) wanted to be with her daughter again and I can only hope that they are joyfully reunited.  Personally I cannot say much other than I know that they both were well known, popular actresses.  I have only seen clips of "Singing in the Rain", and in spite of being a sci-fi fan - I never truly enjoyed any of the "Stars Wars" movies.  (I know I know... be gentle ....) A truly tragic case.
Debbie Reynolds, who died at the age of 84 on Wednesday, was only thinking about daughter Carrie Fisher in her final moments.  
• Preston, England
Carrie Fisher did other good roles too, notably in The Blues Brothers and various cameos in other movies
@FayeHazel (19951)
It's been such a long time since I've seen the Blues Brothers... I forgot she was in it
@dodo19 (33612)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It is really sad that there are two deals in this family so close together. It's so sad. My heart really does go out to their families.
@FayeHazel (19951)
It must be quite shocking, I hope peace for the remaining family
I think I only saw one of the Star Wars films. I'm not a fan of sci-fi or fantasy - or violence! :)
@FayeHazel (19951)
I heard "Star Wars" once described as a "space western"
@FayeHazel I can't recall much of it but that sounds pretty accurate.
Have not been easy days for them...
@FayeHazel (19951)
And this time of year (holidays) too...
@FayeHazel Yeah, very complicated.
Carrie Fisher was great in The Blues Brothers.
@FayeHazel (19951)
"When Harry Met Sally" - too... one of the only "Chick Flicks" that I actually like