We Have wi-fi! How cool is that?

Bunbury, Australia
We do have wi-fi at our friend's house in Yallingup, Western Australia, where seven of us have gathered to see the New Year so I'm able to wish you all a wonderful New Year. We may go to Augusta today which is on the coast. We will go through Cowaramup which is a big dairying area and they have lots of fibreglass cows in the streets so hopefully I'll get some nice photos there. Someone is cooking bacon and eggs, pancakes, mushrooms, baked beans and toast for breakfast so I'd better fun. See you all in 2017! And I've chosen a vibrant rose which seems to me a good choice for hope for the future.
It is a good choice. Beautiful photo. Happy New Year. I look forward to hearing about your trip to Cowaramup and the fiberglass cows.
I have some photos of the cows. Just need to pick out the best ones now. :) Shall I use this one or the 'udder' one?
@JudyEv Whichever one you decide on will be just fine.
@kevin1877uk (36108)
Always good to have wifi, enjoy.
Thanks Kevin. Hope 2017 is great for you too.
@kevin1877uk (36108)
@JudyEv You are welcome, me too.
Have a wonderful time on your New Year's trip . . . nice that wi-fi is available to you! I love this beautifully colored rose . . . let's all be hopeful for a great 2017! See you then!
It was nice to check in for a little while each day. :)
@JudyEv I didn't check in at all in the 3 days we were gone . . . didn't touch a computer at all .
@much2say That's not a bad thing either. :)
• Eugene, Oregon
Have a wonderful time and show us those cows too! Happy New Year.
The cows are really cool but it's hard to pick which photo to use. I might need to put some in the comments.
@Inlemay (17323)
• South Africa
the rose is beautiful - I am looking forward to seeing some FIBREGLASS COWS??
@Inlemay (17323)
• South Africa
@JudyEv I might only get to see it tomorrow - got some shopping to do now that the Christmas Clean is done - chat later, cannot wait to see the COWS
@Inlemay I probably won't post it till tomorrow. I am so behind with notifications.
It is reallycool when ata place where you and your friends gather , have a wifi . Youcan right away post your pictures at FB. Though, i don't myLot because i also treasure our being together , so it's sharing of stories time .
I don't use FB and when we were with this group of friends, we usually have a couple of hours after lunch where we read or have a nap so I was able to interact a little without feeling that I was being rude.
@JudyEv You mean after lunch you take a nap , and leave the group to take a nap and just be back later ?
@SIMPLYD Sorry, after lunch we'll probably all head for our beds for a nap but some might read or watch TV or..... myLot! :)
@vandana7 (57187)
Hope is a great thing to offer. This rose however looks painted rather than natural one. Is it? :) I have never seen a rose looking like that either..Happy New Year. :)
The sun seemed to be in exactly the right place to give it such a vibrancy.
@vandana7 (57187)
@JudyEv ... Yeah..I guess.
@vandana7 Vince might have adjusted the contrast but that's all. It is that colour.
Wifi is always good to have. Have fun and enjoy your breakfast, and Happy New Year to you! Your beautiful rose truly is a sign of hope for the future, and, boy, do we need it!
I enjoyed checking in once or twice but I couldn't spend too much time on here. Yes, a few improvements in the world situation next year would be good. :)
@JudyEv I was without internet here all morning! Grrrr! When it returned, I had guests, so obviously couldn't myLot.
@DianneN Guests put a stop to it, don't they? :)
That is awesome I know in your last post you said you wouldn't have wifi so you would not be here at mylot for a few days. I'm excited for you :-) Augusta and Augustus were two of my favorite names when I was young (My birthday is in August).
I was very pleased that I had taken my laptop with me. I thought I'd sort photos or do some writing so it was a bonus to be able to log on, even if only for a short time.
@JudyEv Are you back home now?
@shaggin Yes, we got back today so our celebrations are over. :)
• Portland, Connecticut
Oh I am so jealous, that sounds like such a good breakfast and here in the US no one does a fry up breakfast like they do in Britain and Ireland and obviously also Australia. Enjoy it for me and don't forget to have a bit of Christmas pud for me as well!! lol
I think I ate enough of that breakfast for at least the two of us! I forgot to mention there were also fried tomatoes, baked beans and hash browns. :)
• Portland, Connecticut
@JudyEv I am sooo jealous but thanks for eating it for me lol
@BelleStarr Always willing to help out a friend! :)
Sounds fun. Happy New Year to you both!
Thanks very much. Did you get to see the New Year in?
@JudyEv - Yes, we were up until three.
@teamfreak16 Wow, you did much better than us!
@yanzalong (7665)
I can imagine how happy everyone will on New Year's Eve. All will stay up at least till midnight to wit ness beautiful fireworks.
We did see the clock tick over at midnight but there were no fireworks where we were. Did you watch fireworks?
@yanzalong (7665)
@JudyEv On my way back home, I saw several from the bus window.
@yanzalong That would have been nice.
Today it seems more families have wifi connection at home. So when we visit to each other, we will use their wifi connection to get online. Sometimes you will you are isolated if you are offline in the cyber world
That is true. That is how I was able to interact when we were away for New Year.
@JudyEv But I seldom use my phone to type in Mylot. As I do it slowly. I prefer to use computer much more.
@moffittjc (34460)
• Gainesville, Florida
Happy New Year Judy! Sounds like you are having an amazing time. Looks like you figured out a great way to start 2017!
We have some lovely meals when we get together. We don't always have such a big breakfast but at least one morning we really make a welter of it. :)
@moffittjc (34460)
• Gainesville, Florida
@JudyEv Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! I wish I could have a huge home-cooked breakfast every morning, but unfortunately I often don't have time to cook. But like you, I try to have a big breakfast at least once or twice a week, usually on Saturday or Sunday mornings.
• Preston, England
i am on free wifi in a pub just now
There seems to be more and more places where wifi is available. I'm sure you appreciate the free wifi.
• Preston, England
@JudyEv I am very good at finding free wifi access
@Gillygirl (15292)
• Sutton, England
Have a great time Judy, look forward to seeing your photos. There's 3 hours to go before new year here. I saw the fireworks in Sydney harbor on the news. Spectacular! Happy new year to you and your family.
Thanks for the good wishes. We are home again now and I have lots of notifications to catch up on.
@Gillygirl (15292)
• Sutton, England
@JudyEv Yes it's time consuming catching up.
@shshiju (9189)
• Cochin, India
A Very Special and Happy New Year 2017 Judy, Glad that you have keep in touch with friends with WFi.
Thank you very much. I hope 2017 will be a very special year for you too. :)
@shshiju (9189)
• Cochin, India
@JudyEv Thanks Judy
Happy New Year, enjoy your day!
Thanks. We did enjoy our time away. Now it's time to get back to getting a few things done.
@JudyEv All good things...as they say....
@simone10 (22269)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Yum, bacon and eggs sounds really good right about now. I hope you have fun spending New Years with your friends. Happy New Year!
Thanks. We did have a really good time. Sometimes we only see each other once a year.
@simone10 (22269)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Enjoy your stay in Australia! See you in 2017!!!
We're home again now and have had an enjoyable break.
@JudyEv good for you!