Does Courtesy Exist In Mylot

@stbrians (11792)
Kakamega, Kenya
Whether the above is a statement or question is what I do not know. Somebody should have the courtesy to say why a certain post was deleted. If one posted it means he never knew it was not in the guidelines of the site
• Olney, Illinois
You agreed to the site terms when you joined. One of those is myLot doesn't have to tell you anything if they delete one of your posts.
@stbrians (11792)
• Kakamega, Kenya
That is true but at times it is deleted with wrong assumptions
@stbrians Users aren't deleting the posts, admin reviews it and if it doesn't follow myLot guidelines - it gets deleted.
• Olney, Illinois
@stbrians 'Assumptions' don't even matter...the terms say they may delete any post at any time for any or no reason
No notice is given, but if you have a question you could contact admin.
@stbrians (11792)
• Kakamega, Kenya
That is true. It is through such discussions that we learn of such
@stbrians Did your discussion get deleted? did you recall what was it that you wrote that could perhaps be the reason why it was deleted?
@stbrians (11792)
• Kakamega, Kenya
@infatuatedbby It was. I had writen about Mpving Forward on 2017. I outlined some things that you are moving away from based on bible scripture
@yukimori (8974)
It's the user's responsibility to read and follow the guidelines and Terms and Conditions of the site. Ignorance really isn't a defense.
@ragikutty (2462)
• Kerala, India
What kind of topics are deleted? Can you please share what you know?
@yukimori (8974)
@ragikutty This covers most of it.
This is where you will find out what kinds of behavior are accepted and unaccepted on myLot. When in doubt, remember the Golden Rule!
They don't give any notice, but you can question it with the administration. Sometimes one word will do it.
@stbrians (11792)
• Kakamega, Kenya
I will have a go at the administration
@stbrians Good luck to you.
@ms1864 (7001)
• Bangalore, India
it is best to think back about what you posted and what could have been the thing in that post that was diffrent from your other posts which didn't get deleted. My post on christmas day was deleted....i had listed some of my favorate christmas songs....so i assume it must have been a copyright problem. Was your language and everything ok in the post? it is always best to figure out what you might be doing wrong.
@stbrians (11792)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Now figuring oit is based on speculation. Maybe the machines are set to delete some. I think it is not manual
@ms1864 (7001)
• Bangalore, India
really? did the admin say that?
@Mike197602 (13366)
• Worcester, England
Comments/responses/discussions get deleted by 2 people only. The person who writes them deletes them or admin deletes them. If something is deleted by admin it is against the rules. If admin had to tell every person why their post was removed it'd increase his workload a lot. So the moral of the story is learn and understand the rules then things won't be removed.
@stbrians (11792)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Understanding the rules does not prevent a post from being deleted. How does a post on Moving Forward to 2017 and outlining what you are moving away from break any rules?
@carebear29 (28176)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
People do bash and get negative here. Just delete comment or report it
@stbrians (11792)
• Kakamega, Kenya
The post that was deleted had no negativity It was moving forward to 207
The easy way to find out why a post is deleted is to ask the admin.
@stbrians (11792)
• Kakamega, Kenya
That is surely the way. I wrote a post about Moving Into 2017 and outlined some things that you may be moving away from. I wondered why this went against the guidelines