Mariah Carey

@noni1959 (3472)
This was so hard to watch. I know the sound on stage with reverberation will drown out and the beat will come at a different time than what the audience hears; however, soon as she knew there was an issue, she should have asked for the music to be shut down and sang without it. The dancers could have stopped and she could have belted out some songs acapella. She didn't plan beyond lip syncing.... Although she didn't plan for the wrong track and monitors to go out, the sound managers are at fault as well. All music should have stopped. A plan to save the performance could have been made. She has a voice. She can sing without all the equipment. Kudos for her to try and keep at it. I give her that for not walking off. I've seen a singer walk off a stage because it started sprinkling. Not raining, just a mist.
I have to disagree. I am a sound engineer for many bands, and I don't think she should have been out there faking it to start with. Either give people the real thing...flaws and all...or stay home. But that's just my opinion.
This is my opinion too. I think she was very unprofessional the way she handled it.
@noni1959 (3472)
I think she should have been live and not lip syncing. However, she was out there and soon as the issue was obvious, should have shut it all down. The audience stood in line for hours after paying so either give them a performance acapella, fix the sound or refund. She did try to give a performance. Some say it wasn't professional of her. Some like me say she tried. I do agree she shouldn't have been faking it as in lip syncing.
Why do they have to lip sync in the first place.
I just saw / heard that...
I haven't seen this but apparently it was pretty bad. I feel really sorry for her.
They should have checked the sound and all of that a day or so prior to this function. She did act like a professional and that is good.
@moffittjc (43927)
• Gainesville, Florida
I didn't see the performance last night, but it's all everyone's been talking about on social media today. Everybody is saying it was pretty bad. Poor Mariah!
Yup they are so FIRED but I feel bad that she got exposed not singing her songs butt out.
Well, she is a true professional if she stuck it out despite the problem.
I don't know why she was lip syncing. Whatever happened to singing live? Most country stars sing live. I don't know why the others can't. She looked really bad and it was embarrassing.