Life Expectancy

@noni1959 (4258)
I'm an avid book reader. Some of my favorite authors are Jonathon Kellerman, Ann Rule, Robert Liparulo, Caprice Crane and Dean Koontz. I enjoy James Patterson, Stephen King and many others. I thought I read most of Dean Koontz books with many being more serious and thrilling, albeit the Odd Thomas Series. I found his, "Life Expectancy" on my shelf and didn't remember even buying it. Maybe it was given awhile back and I stored it for later. This author has a witty, humorous prose that made this book edge of the seat but with so much humor you had to laugh even when Jimmy Tock is fighting evil. There are so many twist and turns. Jimmy Tock was born the same minute his grandfather died. Before grandpa passed, he became coherent and predicted five events in Jimmy's life precisely down to the dates. I don't want to give away the book but it involves clowns in a way you will be surprised. It's not a Pennywise clown type of book but evil enough. You'll laugh and love the Tock family especially grandma Weena. I recommend the book.
I have read most Dean Koontz books but don't recall Life Expectancy. I may have forgotten if I read it along time ago.
@noni1959 (4258)
It was nice to read something of his with so much wit and humor.
@sallypup (29901)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'll have to look that book up.
@noni1959 (4258)
It was an easy to read, fun and yet thrilling book.
@moffittjc (47309)
• Gainesville, Florida
Dean Koontz is probably my second favorite author after Stephen King! Happy to hear you discovered that book on your shelf. It's a good one!
@noni1959 (4258)
I like Stephen King too. He was my favorite and still in the top especially for horror.
@moffittjc (47309)
• Gainesville, Florida
@noni1959 King is my all-time favorite writer. I am such a huge fan of the horror genre.
It's funny what we find in our bookshelves sometimes. I have books on the shelf that I have no idea where they came from.
@noni1959 (4258)
Me too. I was looking at a few the other day scratching my head where they came from.
@dramagirl26 (3319)
• Ringgold, Virginia
I've never read any of Dean Koontz books, but Life Expectancy sounds like a good book.
@noni1959 (4258)
If you like thriller and horror, his books are amazing. I love how he put humor in this one and still held onto the thrill as well.
THis book does sound intriguing.
@noni1959 (4258)
I recommend it. His writing is amazing.
I used to read Koontz's books, but haven't lately. Sounds like he has written a good one according to your review.
@noni1959 (4258)
It is a very good book. I want to build my library back up and looking for all his books again.
Stephen King is a master.
@noni1959 (4258)
Yes, he is. He is in my top favorites. His Pet Cemetery is my favorite along with Cujo.
@theBlock (2757)
@noni1959 I'll check it out, because I also like to read the books from most of the same authors you have on your post. Thanks!