No More Slipping Down Jeans for Me!

The waistband on my jeans kept sliding down, and I spent my days pulling that waistband up to its proper position. I have been using belts to keep my jeans up even though my jeans are not too big for me. The culprit that led to my resorting to wearing belts to keep my waistband from slipping down too far was due to the type of underwear I chose to wear each day. Shiny, slippery, satin-like underwear was the reason my jeans kept sliding south instead of staying in place. No way can sliding down of jeans be prevented if one is wearing underwear that has a slippery-factor to it. The shiny, slippery, satin-like underwear is very pretty, but cotton underwear has proven to prevent the sliding-down of my jeans, and I no longer need to wear a belt to keep my jeans up. My husband said I should not post a photo of my underwear for all to see, but this is a very important matter that could help many who are dealing with the slipping-down problem, so posted my underwear, discreetly folded, I did!
that was very smart iof you to disciver the slippery fabric did cause the problem
Yes, sure is better to not have to wear a belt all the time.
I always wear cotton. I've never had that problem. I'm glad your problem is solved.
Sure took me long enough to figure out the reason for the slipping, but glad I did.
@Corbin5 I'm sure everybody else is happy you figured it out too.
• Preston, England
glad you worked out the source of the problem
Me too! Yanking up my jeans all the time was really getting on my nerves.
Oh my, I haven't worn underwear like that for many years. My tummy keeps my jeans up!
Well, I am just glad I finally figured out the problem. All that pulling up of my jeans was getting on my nerves.
Your ok to post your undies. I understand.
I think it was OK too. Just glad I solved the problem.
@Corbin5 I am too for sure. I just never got with those kinds of panties.
@Platespinner (16784)
I've always been a cotton girl. Unfortunately my jeans still slide down (the fact that I'm not a particularly hippy person might just have something to do with that problem).
Well, Joanne, it is a belt for you. I am just glad I figured out my problem. Told my husband if I ever have to go to the hospital, bring me the silky ones, so that I get some use out of them.
@sallypup (27521)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Funny you. I love the photo. My slacks are driving me nuts. I wish I had a belt. I'm going to have to say goodbye to elastic waist pants sooner than later. The nice cords that I got about a month ago are now too big and I am sick of trying to feed chickens while yanking on my pants.
Yes, you and I do not have time to be yanking at our pants all the time. My husband kept asking why I was always wearing a belt. Sure took me long enough to figure out the problems.
And I would imagine that you'll find cotton panties to be a lot warmer.
Yes, in our cold winters, cotton will be warmer and my jeans will not slide down. Yep, took me a while to figure out the problem, but glad I did.
I would never guess underwear keeps your jeans up =) They're shinny slipper but they keep it up is interesting!
Well, there was a real slide factor with those, and the cotton ones keep my pants up, so all is good.
@Corbin5 lol i hardly wear jeans and if I do they're pretty tight - skinny jeans!
@infatuatedbby Even at my age, a retired lady I am, I wear skinny jeans. My sis too. We are both petite and thank goodness, skinny. I wear a long top to cover my bottom part though so that I dress a bit closer to my age. I love tall boots with skinny jeans.
Very discreetly, as I thought it was a satin pouch! I've had that happen to me as well, wearing silky underthings and having my jeans or pants fall off.
Oh good. I thought it was just me. Yes, it took a lot of folding to get that discreet look.
@Corbin5 Well you pulled it off beautifully. Had you not said a word, I doubt anyone would have been any wiser.
@ScribbledAdNauseum Mom said never let anyone see your underwear, so I am sure she is looking down on that photo and is not pleased.
• Pamplona, Spain
Had that problem when I first washed them and put them on and they were tight and then they got to be a bit loose round the waist after wearing them a day or two. I mean the jeans not the undies. Nice photo.
Well, it took a lot of folding to make the photo appropriate. I know my mom said never to show my undies to others.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Corbin5 Reminds me of a Scene in "Home Alone" where Kevin goes to the door of the Hotel Room and Cedric has Kevin´s underwear on Coat Hangers and Kevin says "hey don´t show my underwear in Public". I don´t wear jeans at the moment I have gone back to Skirts feel more comfortable with them for me.
@lovinangelsinstead21 I used to wear skirts and dresses all the time, and they really are so much more comfortable than jeans. I think this summer, I just may add a few pretty summer dresses to wear on a daily basis.
A friend of mine calls those hubbypleezers but in her case she like me is quite heavy from the just below the waist down, ours can't slip downwards without hitting a bump .... or two.
That is a cute name for those. I just bought them because I liked the colors and the shine, but learned my lesson. After 45 years of marriage, my husband doesn't give a hoot about what kind of underwear I have on. Thank goodness.
I think that kind of thinking is mostly for young men still in their 20s @Corbin5 many start to mature when they're in their 30s.
@rebelann Lord, I hope they mature!!
lol that's funny and, glad you found the culprit.
Me too! Sure was annoying have to yank my pants back up all the time.
@acelawrites (11847)
I agree. It also healthful to wear cotton underwear which is more absorbent than satin ones.
Yes, cotton is the best. Told my husband if I ever have to go to the hospital, bring me the silky ones since I packed them, nicely washed, away in my drawer.
Those are very pretty underwear that you should not wear with jeans. I always buy the cotton one so I have nothing to worry about.
Yes, I am saving these for other types of clothing. Sure am glad I figured out the problem.
@Gillygirl (17341)
• Sutton, England
Very pretty indeed. Cotton is more practical with jeans.
Yes, cotton has saved me a lot of trouble with my jeans. Not sure why I did not think of the solution sooner.
That is very pretty underwear. I would want to wear them even if they did make my jeans slip down. I have the kind of hips that do not let jeans slip down. lol
Well, I neatly folded all freshly-laundered slippery ones and told my husband if I ever have to go to the hospital, bring those.
@Corbin5 Will he remember? I don't know if my husband would.
@paigea I actually labeled the clear plastic package the underwear came in with "Brand New Underwear" in permanent marker. If I tell him to bring the package labeled "Brand New Underwear," he'll probably forget, but worth a try.
Well, Happy New Year and congratulations on solving the slipping jeans issue! Being a cotton-only underwear fan, no slipping problems here!
Well, they did look pretty, but I folded all and told my husband if I ever have to go to the hospital, bring those.
@Corbin5 I think I've got a non-cotton pair tucked away somewhere in my dresser drawer, nothing as fine as your purple ones though!
@fishtiger58 (30337)
• Momence, Illinois
And a very nice pair of underware they are. Good you solved the problem lol.
Well, the slipping was getting very annoying, and I was surprised the switch to cotton solved the problem.
@fishtiger58 (30337)
• Momence, Illinois
@Corbin5 It's like silk sheets I can never stay where I want in the bed, all that slipping and sliding especially because hubby is bigger than me, I just slide on over when he gets in bed. That mess didn't last long.
@valmnz (12755)
• New Zealand
Oh yes, defiitely a serious subject!
I know. I think for both womankind and mankind, the problem needed to be solved.
@valmnz (12755)
• New Zealand
@Corbin5 ha, ha, you made me think of those ridiculous boxer shorts that young men - well, our son anyway - used to wear and the jeans always slipped down!