Continuing Education!

@sallypup (26293)
Moses Lake, Washington
Thirty two pounds of flab are not joining me as this new year tromps in. I am of course delighted to be thinner. Each day of this thinning down process has been one of learning. Like a class room. Need protein for this meal and the way my system operates, need it ahead of time. When I get too hungry and low on fuel, I make not so great choices. So we continue to create a weekly menu and shop for food once or sometimes twice a week. Its working. I keep triggers out of the house. I choose simple but effective proteins: beans, tofu, almond or soy milk, sometimes fake vegie patties, nuts. 2017 will be the year I will keep on keeping on. This Spring we plan to take a vacation to Charleston. I plan to bring a bathing suit. I think the motel has a pool. I plan to enjoy that water! (Anyone who has been over weight will understand why getting into a pool in a swimsuit is a huge deal.)
@CRK109 (14421)
It has to be such a freeing feeling in your new skin! Congratulations!
@sallypup (26293)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Thanks CRK109 I think when Spring gets here and I can wear clothes like tank tops I will be amazed.
@CRK109 (14421)
@sallypup I am very sure you'll be so much happier! You've got a lot to look forward to!
@sallypup (26293)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CRK109 Thank you for being such a grand cheerleader.
@TheSojourner (17488)
I lost a considerable amount of weight in three months when I got sick back in 2012. I dropped 75 pounds in three months. It was not good, but it was kind of nice being in smaller clothes that I EVER remember wearing. In the last two years, I have put back on about 35 pounds. I cannot allow it to go up again, and I would like to get it down again under 200 pounds (I am nearly 5'10") again. It means controlling my portions and moving every day. This past year I have been rather lazy. So, tomorrow, my intent is to get up and walk. I want to put in 5K steps minimum and get fresh air. I haven't been in a swim suit for decades. Even thin, I felt fat and ugly. But that's for another story. Congratulations on your successes. You inspire me. I would love to have you share your food plan with me/us. I need to consider going vegetarian (mostly) this year, but I don't plan well.
@sallypup (26293)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CoralLevang Being that ill really sucks the weight off a person. I had pneumonia some years back and lost 8 pounds in just a few days. Not a cool way to go. I wish you health and happiness. I would love to share and have shared, to a certain extent, our meal plans. Quite simple, actually though we do stretch for imaginative meals cause we get sick of the same old, same old. Tis too easy to eat chili on Tuesday and Spaghetti on Thursday! Our spaghetti had white beans and tofu instead of hamburger plus onion chunks and green pepper chunks. I think we had kale on the side the last time we ate that supper. Sure good to hear from you. If you have more questions, ask away!
@sallypup I have a freezer full of food yet, and my goal is to eat what is in that first. Much of the prepared foods that I have frozen for later are, indeed, plant-based mostly...Soups...But I don't have the money to replace what I have, and just give the rest away. I don't know if I will go completely vegetarian or vegan, but I think that I will make more of an effort to do so as a majority of my meals. I understand what you mean about variety. I don't really like leftovers much. So, here we go!! Btw...your spaghetti sounds delicious.
@sallypup (26293)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CoralLevang Many of my lunches are leftovers. Really not that bad, especially when my fuel tank gets deeply low.
I am glad your method of doing up a weekly menu is working for you. Hope you have a grand time in the pool in Charleston. Enjoy!
@sallypup (26293)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Thanks @celticeagle. You're sweet.
@sallypup ......Nah, I'm dastardly. LOL
@sallypup (26293)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@celticeagle Ooops. I didn't mean to step on your persona.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
Congrats for loosing the weight and keeping it off. About a year ago I was in Costco and saw some of their cookies and, although I rarely buy things like that, I decided to buy them. All night that night those cookies kept yelling at me, "Come eat us!" I fought off the temptation and only ate 2 cookies a day until they were gone. Haven't bought any cookies since. I haven't bought potato chips in years. I like potato chips but I just figured I didn't need to be eating that type of food.
@sallypup (26293)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@RichardMeister Store cookies are shaped and sized just perfect for the hands. The devils!
• Otis Orchards, Washington
@sallypup Yeah, and Costco cookies are usually big enough for a man's hand to wrap around it very nicely.
@sallypup (26293)
• Moses Lake, Washington
yeah, I have had bad choices in the house, and need more fast protein snacks on hand.
@sallypup (26293)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Jessicalynnt Smeared refried beans on a grainy tortilla and then hummus over the refrieds- fantastic!!
I hope you have a good time on your vacation.
@sallypup (26293)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@jstory07 Thank you. I intend to.
• Marion, Kansas
Protein at the appropriate time seems to be key to weight loss and balancing blood sugar. I have been overweight, and still am, but refuse to let it deprive me of being in the water. You can be so proud of yourself and your weight loss. I have lost six pounds in the last three months but I have not been trying. I wonder what would happen if I put my mind to it.
@sallypup (26293)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@GardenGerty My part of the world no longer has a pool for the public. If it did, I would be there. I keep a journal and write down my weight each day. I admit to being addicted to that silly scale. It feels like I have not lost much lately but I checked the first of last month and yup, 4 to 5 pounds heavier then. I like this life style change cause it does not demand that I exercise. Its easy for me to put my back out etc. when I exercise so must be careful! Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I try to balance my blood sugar. I get weird headed if I don't. I am rarely hungry these days.
@divalounger (2252)
Well that is a huge deal! Ans it sounds like you are making huge inroads in your understanding of your own food patterns which I think is a bigger deal--so keep on keeping on--and congratulations!
@sallypup (26293)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Thanks @divalounger. You get it and that's cool- yes I am really trying to dig into my food patterns. What keeps my system going in a healthy way and what causes me to over eat and hog out on fat/sugar snack items.
@Rohvannyn (3118)
Awesome! Great job! Enjoy the heck out of that vacation.
It's important.