Boy Or Girl!

@stbrians (15854)
Kakamega, Kenya
My firstborn is a girl. I remember as a young man, was filled with a lot of happiness to see the first fruit of our loins. I went to the labour ward and held her for the first time. She was all wrapped up. I wanted to oen and see whether it was a he or she but changed my minds when I saw all eyes turned to me with curiosity. I did not want to ask the sex either. When I went to purchase clothes for her, I made sure they were unisex. There were no pampers by then and we used napkins. I bougjt one dozen safety pims to go with two dozem napkins. How was your firstborn? Was it a boy or girl? Did you expect a boy or a girl? Those not married, do you expect your firstborn to be a boy or a virl. Why?
@rina110383 (24070)
Still single, no expectations for me as long my first born will be a healthy baby.
@stbrians (15854)
• Kakamega, Kenya
That is it. Pressure from relatives are what causes anxiety
@Meramar (2649)
The most important point is that the baby comes healthy, it doesn't matter if it is a girl or a boy. Even so, there are expectations, wishes and, in some cultures, it is still important that the first one would be a boy. I remember that my father always wished to have a boy and had four girls instead. In his case, he had to wait until his grandsons were born.
@stbrians (15854)
• Kakamega, Kenya
With me I never minded whether it was a boy or a girl
• Uzbekistan
How odd that you weren't told if you had a daughter or a son. Even odder that nobody told you.
@stbrians (15854)
• Kakamega, Kenya
I did not take her to the hospital and by then there were no mobiles. When I went in, after hearing of my wife's delivery, nobody informed me. In some hospitals they let you discober by yourself
@Tricia53 (90)
• Bellevue, Nebraska
I didn't find out with any of my children what I was having but had all girls. I always got 2 outfits to bring the baby home in a boy outfit and a girl outfit. I was thrilled with each child it didn't matter if it was a boy or a girl.
@stbrians (15854)
• Kakamega, Kenya
A great idea and nobel thinking. We learn a lot from our experiences and those of others