wish i can swim!!

i wish i can swim, i go to pool side and i sit for hours wishing i can do those back flips that the do.. unfortunately i don't know how to swim... am like a stone in water i go right to the bottom....do you swim and how do you hold your breath for long underwater
I swim under water like a fish. My daughter taught me years ago. If you see her under water you will be surprised. You can't imagine how she makes swimming a breeze. I can't swim on top of the water though. I go right to the bottom and wiggle up and down. I think you can just do like I did when I could not swim. I would sit on the bottom of the pool over and over till I could do it a little longer. I made sure when I stood up I had my head above the water. I got so good that I dove off the diving board and loved it. But if I had to save a drwoning swimming I could not swim that long. Just enough to have fun.
i tried swimming but cant seem to be on the surface of the water always going down to the bottom, no matter what i tried doing..plus lots off water in my nose
@sharon6345 wow that would be nice i will sure try that
@oracle1ac That will be very good if someone could teach you that. Just remember to have someone hold you till you can let go of your body weight. You will float all over the pool when the water moves. You will be looking up to the sky as well. water will be on your ears but should not be in your mouth or nose if your doing it. right..
You should practice in water where you can stand up if you have too. I can swim, but not under water.
i will go and try it for a while and see if i can.. its a nice way to stay healthy
@louievill (17744)
It's never too late to take up swimming lessons as long as you are fit and healthy, once learned it would never be forgotten like riding a bike.
will most definitely start taking lessons
@rubyriaz007 (3002)
I too don't know to swim.