What goes UP, must come down!

@Inlemay (17079)
South Africa
The Tinsel is coming down today! Good Morning. All the good people in my home have restarted their 365 day working challenge and I have been left to do the "Christmas Clean"! Its been a fabulous 10 days of glorious celebrations, eating, swimming, plenty of champagne together with fun and laughter with friends and family . . . all good things have to come to an end, to make room for the NEXT GOOD THING! So the Tinsel went up 22 Days ago, and today its all coming down! Happy New Year to those that have not read my previous MyLot post - Be Blessed in all your ventures, be kind in all your giving, be assertive in all your decisions, be willing in all your gestures. Be Loved! be happy! Find the sunshine that keeps your heart aglow! "If you asked me for my New Year Resolution, it would be to find out who I am." ~ Cyril Cusack
@franxav (3854)
We dismantled the crib today. Crepe ribbons will be down in the evening when all children will be home.
@Inlemay (17079)
• South Africa
the you are doing the same as I am - Happy New Year
@franxav (3854)
@Inlemay Happy New Year to you too.
I took my decorations down a couple of days ago. Btw - I've never understood what people mean by 'finding themselves', or 'finding out who I am'.
@Inlemay (17079)
• South Africa
its not about finding who we are - But rather our purpose in life - I had such a cricis in my mid 30's and then I had my late child - that changed everything, but now that they are all qualified, have great positions, earn enough to sustain themselves, I can take the time I have spent on them for 35 years and re-invent myself - fin myself and MY Purpose in life - along side my hubby - Not behind him . . and not YES and amen to him - but MY purpose in life.
• Denmark
@jaboUK But it sounds profound, doesn't it? :-)
@xFiacre (7441)
@inlemay Isn't it so good to get Christmas all tidied away!
@Inlemay (17079)
• South Africa
Well not the Christmas (that should stay every day) but the fan fair and the tinsel is well packed away
• Denmark
@Inlemay Christmas every day would be horrible. The anticipation is vital.
@Inlemay (17079)
• South Africa
@MALUSE I mean the spirit of Christ in ones heart - that should stay every day
I've been taking tinsel down today too. Time to move on into 2017.
@Inlemay (17079)
• South Africa
For sure - tinsel free, just nice clean new ideas for a fresh new start to the year
@atoz1to10 (6862)
Thank you for your kind wishes... I am new in myLot and not sure if I have read your posts at all... I will in the future. Take care
@Inlemay (17079)
• South Africa
Welcome to mylotting
I took my Christmas tree and decorations down New Years Eve.
Happy new year...
I still haven't took down the tree yet.
• Preston, England
my cards come down tomorrow
love the positivity on yoir post lol
• Midland, Michigan
Taking the tree down was left to me too, but I was able to finish that task yesterday. Happy new year to you too.
@rz3300 (140)
It's always a little sad, but at least you know that it will all be there next year. The one that is most frustrating is how you always seem to lose a piece or two each year..at least I do.
• Denmark
No resolutions, no disappointment!
I always get a sense of freedom when it all comes down. Wishing you a new year with many blessings too!
I think it's about time to get some post cards flowing again, I have bare walls where the christmas cards were
Today is my last day off before returning to work tomorrow. I will be spending it putting away the decorations. It is always sad to see them ago. A lot will happen between now and the next time they come out.
• Portland, Connecticut
Happy New Year to You. Did my Chrismas Postcard ever arrive, it isn't quite a month but it should have I think. Maybe next time I should put it in an envelope.