REAL Men are not afraid of feminine hygiene products

By JJ
If there was one thing I noticed during 10 years of working as a cashier in a convenience store, it was that girls were much more 'open' about buying a package of condoms. They'd just walk up to the counter and loudly say "Give me a box of the Rough Rider Studded". Meanwhile, the guys...they'd look around the store to make sure no one they knew was within visual/hearing range, and then whisper "I need a pack of Trojans". True story. Never did quite figure that one out. But you know, I don't think I ever sold any tampons/maxi/mini pads to a guy. I guess they were just too embarrassed. Not me! I'd go to the store, buy whatever the ol' lady required, slap 'em down loudly on the counter, and then get into this discussion about how all those other guys were wussies, and if they had any sense at all, they'd realize they were passing up the perfect chance to get away from the Raging Demon back at the house. Sure...maybe it'd take me several hours to complete the trip, but hey...Mama didn't raise no fools.
@Platespinner (18067)
My husband didn't have a problem with picking up that sort of stuff for me. Funny thing, though, I don't think he has ever really connected the dots to realize that there are times when hormonal influence turns me into a monster and it's best to maintain a safe distance and just throw chocolate at me.
"there are times when hormonal influence turns me into a monster and it's best to maintain a safe distance and just throw chocolate at me."
That's what my other half says! When a woman is hormonal, you retreat to a safe distance and throw chocolate!
I found the same thing when I wold by paid and it was a male cashier. They would be all embarrassed. I thought it was rather amusing. They couldn't get it in the bag fast enough and then they would double bag it. lol
It's like if you're in a room with a lot of guys in it watching TV and a commercial comes on...suddenly they start looking at pictures on the wall or looking out the window or whatever.
@JolietJake exactly lmao
@reskyyandi (3841)
Hmmm. Can you dont post something like this. I'm 16 years old and not to old to know something about this
If you are 16, you need to be learning about this.
@JolietJake What??? No, I'm not old enough to learn it. I have to 17th years old to know something like this
@reskyyandi No. You are old enough to learn it now.
@pumpkinjam (5683)
I must be very lucky (or scary during that time of the month??) because my son and my partner are both quite willing to pick up my hygiene supplies. My son is almost 17 and has often been sent to the shop in an emergency over the past few years! My other half bought supplies for me a few weeks ago. I don't think he'd bought them before. I told him what to look for. He told me that the nice lady in the shop helped him. He told her what I'd said, and she told him the right ones to get. He also made the lady laugh when he said something silly about him not having used them, suggesting they were for him.
That is one problem...there are too many kinds.
@JolietJake Yes, that's true. It's hard enough for us women sometimes to know which are the best for us! That's why I make sure my man-people have detailed instructions!
@crossbones27 (14879)
• Redlands, California
I am to embarrassed to even comment. Oh, maybe not then.
I'm gonna be nice and go easy on you, although I don't know why
• Redlands, California
@JolietJake I do not know why either. lol
Ahhh, that started off so sweetly! But yeah some guys are a bit odd about it, I was in the supermarket on Friday and I the guy next to me was looking at the tampons and clearly didn't know which ones to get, I wanted to help the poor lamb!
Personally, I still would like to know why they are called 'tampons' when they are clearly 'tamp-ins'
I've never been embarrassed to buy feminine products. I am comfortable with myself, and they obviously aren't for me, so what's the big deal.I'll even hold purse's while shopping!
My hero!
I fell in love with my boyfriend way back in the early 2000 because he bravely bought a sanitary napkin for me.
Good man...definitely a keeper.
see I would have assumed the dudes would be proud, cause that meant, well you know, they were dating more than Handsy
some guy was giving my brother crap about picking up some one day. this guy goes "oh,your old lady got you trained" and he goes "at least i got one" burn..
My husband never minded buying any of it. And luckily for me (and him ) he didn't make me wait.
@Tina30219 (25695)
• Onaway, Michigan
My boyfriend has bought them for me many times.
@nanette64 (13059)
• Fairfield, Texas
LMAO, Oh lordy @JolietJake .
Serious matters do affect men differently than they do women. Women take them seriously and men don't seem to. It is built in.
Haha thats good. No reason to be embarrassed by natural body functions. We are all human after all! I have had some instances where the cashiers seem much more uncomfortable than I. Which is kind of funny.
I was always one of those "Are you sure three will be enough darlin'?" kinda guys
I don't know, maybe you just got lucky. I mean, if they sent YOU to pick them up, chances are they needed 'em pretty badly. Guess they never raised cane about you taking too long to get them then.
I never said that.
@akalinus (12424)
Your stores must be behind the times. Here, the Trojans are on the shelf next to the foam and the pregnancy tests. It is the antihistamine and cough medicine that they hide behind the counter now.