ATM Mostly Empty Today

Kochi, India
Today was really a bad day for me as I had waste a lot of time in search of ATMs from where I could withdraw some money. I don't know the exact reason, but all the ATMs near my area was empty and most of the people had to leave disappointed after coming to the ATMs. I needs some cash today and I moved between atleast 8 ATMs. 7 of them were empty while one of them was out of order. Really felt disappointed and tired. Hope that the ATMs will be funded by the evening, otherwise I will have to move to distant locations in search of ATM that has cash in it. It is a rare case in my area, but still feel bad, as I urgently needed some cash. Finally I had to borrow it from one of my colleague.
• Dhanbad, India
In India it's happening to us since our Prime minister has demonetized old 500rs. And 1000rs. Notes. We r facing such problems since more than one months.one day I spent my whole day standing at the queue but returned empty wallet.
• Kochi, India
I am also in India and has faced some difficulties since then..
• Dhanbad, India
@geopiscean oh I can understand ur problem brother. So do u support demonetization???
• Kochi, India
@rishav_jaiswal Demonetization has its own advantages and at the same time disadvantages due to poor planning and implementation
@shaynas (5527)
That is bad. It turns frustrating at times when you urgently need money. I heard about some android app which tells about the ATM's around your area having money. Did you try using that?
• Kochi, India
Yes..that apps are helpful, but at times they are also not updated properly with relevant information
@shaynas (5527)
@geopiscean Oh..ok.
• Kochi, India
@atoz1to10 (6821)
Maybe some myLotters went to withdraw their money?? Just kidding. It happened the same to me before, going around looking for ATM to withdraw some cash out. Very kind of your colleague to lend you the money.
• Kochi, India
hihi...yes the colleague was generous
• Kochi, India
@Sreekala (23768)
Now we have situation, even though we have money in our account there is no use It is turned to be a difficult situation for having money in bank we have to take money as debt from others. Here also most of the ATMS are empty, if any ATM filled with cash then there will be long queues infront of it. However, the rush in banks decreased a lot. I hope situation will improve again in coming days.
• Kochi, India
Yes..I know about the situation in Delhi as some of my friends in Delhi informed me regarding the same. Hope that it improves in the coming days.
that happens around this time of month in my area a lot.it's because people are withdrawing their social security money.
• Kochi, India
But this was an attempt by the government to curb the black money
@rz3300 (136)
It is never really a trip that I enjoy making, and to be honest, when I get the receipt option to see the balance, I usually just bypass that.
• Kochi, India
Yes..you said it right..
A lot of people must be needing a lot of money that it emptied the machines in your area. That's really terrible when that happens.
• Kochi, India
Yes..Indeed terrible.
Wow. That is a strange thing! Does that happen often?
• Kochi, India
Not..I am facing such thing for the first time in my life.
@cmc6174 (37)
How inconvenient. You would think they would be better prepared w the Holidays.
• Kochi, India
Yes..hope so that it will be better later..