I said, Where?

@sallypup (26671)
Moses Lake, Washington
While talking to a friend on the phone, the subject got around to yesterday's dinner. She said she had made spaghetti and meatballs cause it was easy. It sounded like she used frozen meatballs so it was just a matter of yanking a package from her freezer. Jarred spaghetti sauce. I said "Sounds good. Now where's the vegetables?" Pause. I heard her breathe. "The spaghetti sauce. Its tomatoes, you know." This is when my second where came in. I said, " Where's your vegetables?" She changed the subject.
@inertia4 (27605)
LOL. I know tomatoes are like a vegetable. But I know what you mean. Frozen meatballs is not something I would ever do and jarred sauce either. Making it fresh is the only way to go.
@sallypup (26671)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@inertia4 Yes tomatoes are a vegetable but how much nutrition is left in a jar of sauce? She could have steamed some broccoli to go with the spaghetti and meatballs. She could have cooked up some onions and green peppers and put that in the sauce. Or had a salad.
@inertia4 (27605)
@sallypup I totally agree with you. Cooking down the veggies kills the nutrients. Making some Broccoli is not hard. Steaming it is quick.
@sallypup (26671)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@inertia4 Its not a nice subject, I suppose, but the body demands nutrition or you fall into some gigantic health issues. Maybe not in the now but for sure in the later.
And that's why I put salsa in my sauce, it has garlic, onions and jalapenos ... veggies
@sallypup (26671)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rebelann That helps a little.
@Yadah04 (3025)
Lol. This made me smile as i knew someone exactly like her.
@sallypup (26671)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Yada04 Another friend said she had made a dinner that had cream of celery soup in it. She said she had vegetables in her meal, too.
@cahaya1983 (10055)
This gave me a good laugh. I'd choose fresh vegetables any day!
Spaghetti and meatballs does sound good. We used to can our tomatoes.
Maybe she was having vegetables next meal. :)
@sallypup (26671)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JudyEv Maybe so. She's a diabetic and needs to pack in vegies and nutrition.
@sallypup Some people just don't want to know, do they? It's good that you tell her really because perhaps it will sink in over time.
@sallypup Such people 'know' but just ignore it all. I think it is called 'being in denial', isn't it? She will be sorry when her sight starts going or whatever.
hahaha, I guess I thought there were veggies in there too!
@sallypup (26671)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Jessicalynnt Indeed there are vegies in the sauce jar BUT enough to feed your body to keep it healthy and chipper?
@sallypup prob not, which is why I always have a big salad with spagetti
• Rochester, New York
I love meatballs and will usually eat them alone minus the sauce. lol I do love meatballs in meat sauce.
@sallypup (26671)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@LisaSteinmetz You might not like this answer but the truth for me tonight was that I ate fake meatballs with spaghetti and sauce- vegie balls, I guess I could call them. Quite tasty, too.
@Rohvannyn (3118)
Tomatoes may really be fruits, but their lycopene becomes more bio-available. So it's not all entirely bad.