Traffic Re-routing - The Worst Nightmare for a Driver

Kochi, India
Traffic re-routing is one of the worst nightmare that a driver can come across, especially when he is new to a particular place. Most of the time traffic re-routing is done due to various reasons and most of the time it creates a drastic impact on those driving the vehicles as they will find it hard to reach their destinations in their stipulated time. They need to go across new roads that might not be as good as the roads in the regular route and this will cause a huge time waste as well as extra stress to all. Most of the traffic re-routing are done without prior information and this becomes a more challenging situation for the drivers as well as commuters. Atleast they should inform the public in advance through news papers or any other media, so that we can plan our travel accordingly. But in India, most of the time it never happens and leaves the travellers in a real mess. I am writing this post now only because I came across such an incident today, which make me arrive 15 minutes late at the office. An now I have to be at the mercy of the HR team on whether my half day salary will be deducted or not.
In my country, many times, they choose to do works at the highway in summer. Summer is the moment of the year when most people are going or coming from their vacations. The alternative passes are not good and sometimes a trip that would normally take 5 hours will take 7 or 8.
• Kochi, India
Yes..it really makes our driving hectic..
@geopiscean It seems that it happens everywhere.
• Kochi, India
@marguicha You are right
• Baguio, Philippines
Traffic is always a problem most especially in urban places.
• Kochi, India
Yes...especially in unplanned urban places..
• Baguio, Philippines
@geopiscean, hopefully, traffic problem will totally resolve. But I doubt it.
• Kochi, India
@shantalclay Me too..
@shaynas (5527)
Yeah, they are frustrating.
• Kochi, India
It makes your whole day bad...
@stbrians (15903)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Those rerouting are mostly too long over all weather roads. Some have potholes and some are on winding and unwounding stretches of road
• Kochi, India
Yes...you are right..
@stbrians (15903)
• Kakamega, Kenya
@geopiscean true and thanks
• Kochi, India
@stbrians Always welcome
In the USA, residents are usually warned ahead of time regarding traffic rerouting with signs in view months ahead of the rerouting and news reports so that people can prepare. Still annoying even when one knows a rerouting will happen.