Long Distance

@AunBecky (265)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
When my grand son was born i flew all the way to germany where my son was stationed to be there for the birth. Patricks next station was at white sands nm. I visited them there as well. His next station was in georgia so we could drive there with no problem. I think i was happiest when he was transferred to ft belvior va. That was only three hours drive. From there he was sent to ft worth tex. When my grand daughter was born i flew down to help. I went again after she was a year old. His last transfer took them almost out of reach for me. They are now in Hawaii. I won’t be able to see them as often as i would like now. Patrick graduates from medical training in October. That is the soonest i will be able to go. If it was not for face timing with them i do not think i could stand it.
Aww that is sad they have been moved so far away so that you are unable to see them all the time. Hawaii is beautiful I hope at some point you are able to go there and visit.
Wow, your son has been around a bit. October is a long way away although sometimes the months really fly along.
The distance hurts, but it also does well.
Thank goodness for face-timing!! Having loved ones so far away does make one sad at times.
@shaynas (5524)
This is really sad. Thanks to technologies, which keep us connected through miles :)
@UncleJoe (11459)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
You can go to Hawaii any time you want for free. That's what your kayak is for! LOL
@AunBecky (265)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Now whos cold?
you are lucky that you got to go as often as you have!
That must be very tough on you. I think FaceTime is the best invention ever. I'm in Florida now for the winter, so it's wonderful to "see" and talk to my sons and grandchildren in New York and Connecticut.