Politically Correct?

@UncleJoe (9481)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
One of the most difficult matters for us geriatrics to keep up with is political correctness. Our old terminology has become so deeply engrained that we often make faux pas on sensitive issues. Such was the case of a recent fender-bender I happened to witness in the grocery store parking lot. Some poor lady backed her SUV into a big Mercedes that had stopped in the lane behind her as she backed out of a space. Much to my surprise, when the driver’s door opened, out popped one of the most “vertically challenged” little guys I had ever seen. He must have had a special booster seat. It was obvious that he was fuming as he approached the SUV and didn’t seem to care for my attempt to lighten the situation with, “Well now we know how the Mercedes bends!” “That’s not funny!” he snapped at me, “And I am not happy!” “Oh?” I questioned, “Which one are you?” You just wouldn’t believe how strong those little guys are. I don’t think I’ll make that mistake again.
I wouldn't have put you down as someone who learns from their mistakes!
@UncleJoe (9481)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Is that a put down?
@UncleJoe I suppose it is. In fact, I'm sure it is!
@Morleyhunt (19540)
Ah....you must have been dealing with Grumpy.
Oh that was funny! It's hard when your vertically challenged, but he made up for it.
I hope you learned your lesson. Even women of any size, age, shape, or form don't like their Mercedes hit.
@AunBecky (143)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Serves you right. Shame on you.
@akalinus (14612)
I bet it was just one of those things you could not resist saying. I do that too and then wish I engaged my brain before running my mouth. Funny is not always politically correct but I would have laughed. He will get his car repaired because she backed out and she is at fault.
It is a good thing only us myLotters will read this LOL
@Plethos (9643)
bwahahahahahahaaa classic joke.
@ms1864 (6995)
• Bangalore, India
Well you should have known they were strong..they spend their days digging mines and breaking rocks ...that's bound to give them some muscle power.