Does Revenge make you feel better?

Good afternoon.Had a very busy day but good. Does revenge make you feel any better. I have read so many stories of murder,Hired gun etc. Here in NH we had one that hired a gunman to kill her ex boy friend girl friend. This is sort of becoming a habit. How do you take revenge out of someone.? Never was in this spot and hope not. I will never take revenge for anything.I find this stupid,very stupid. If your relationship does not work out or anything.Let it go and start again. Killing is not the answer to revenge. Photo is public domain
Seeking revenge is ridiculous. I don't know why people just can't move forward with their lives. I have heard many stories like that though.
@Happy2BeMe Lot of them feel very hurt.Yes I can feel the hurt if this happen to me. but to revenge and kill someone not
@amadeo yes makes no sense. The hurt heals in time.
I have never sought revenge as it would make me feel so wrong two wrongs never make a r ight someone does me wrong I write it off and do no t let them make a fool of me ever again
@Hatley there you go and well said there.
@amadeo thanks so much lol
@dragon54u (31298)
I used to seek revenge when I was younger. As I got older I realized that revenge is an acid that eats away at your soul and spirit. Revenge is like swallowing poison then waiting for the other person to die. Much better to forget that person, learn the lesson that they had to teach you, don't repeat the same mistake, and live your life in a positive way. I used to watch the show "Revenge" but it got so negative that I realized it was not a good influence on my life. Life is tough enough without letting a television show foster vicarious feelings of regret, depression, and hatred.
@dragon54u this is well said there.Very well.
• Pamplona, Spain
This is what happens to me when I am seeing all these Murder Series as its always about revenge mostly. The Program has to be really good for me to even give it any thought otherwise I prefter to write on here or read something that takes me away from it. I donĀ“t like revenge either so I try to forgive and forget. Although I think forgiving is easier than forgetting.
I agree with you. Life seems to be really cheap at the moment.
@JudyEv yes it is at that time there
Sometimes, yes! I loved that show!
I use to warch that show too. I liked it.
@Happy2BeMe It's a very interesting show.
@Happy2BeMe We also watch the show and then towards the end was getting boring.
I agree. Let it go and move on.
@teamfreak16 right.move one.But many do not.The want to get the last one in.
@suhail1 (965)
• Manila, Philippines
revenge is not a solution for sure, i guess it happens when we are young and getting older makes us wiser
@suhail1there you and and yes.We do get wiser as we get older
@valmnz (12573)
• New Zealand
Revenge of any kind is hard to understand isn't it. People obviously are so angry they can't think of the consequences. As you say, walking away is the best answer.
@valmnz Lot of them do not feel this way.They want to hurt
I never seek for revenge, you surely have read the Bible: Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.
@ladyduck thank you.I never read the bible.
@amadeo I never read it too, but I have heard this phrase mentioned so many times in the US Western movies.
@atoz1to10 (6898)
When you first plan for a revenge...you feel so good about it... But then once the revenge is done... You feel lost.
@TT that is for sure there.Always
@atoz1to10 (6898)
@amandajay (17827)
• Sri Lanka
Yes... Sometimes it does... But only for that moment.. Then you feel even worse and guitly later...
@amandajay I have never got in this sort of stuff.I am a good boy and a choir boy.
@amandajay (17827)
• Sri Lanka
@amadeo haha how sweet of you, good boy..... Nice to meet such a good boy here....
@JustBhem (20390)
• Davao, Philippines
Revenge is not a good idea. Let God handle their own karma.
@JustBehem. right for me it is not a good idea
@jiyajudy (30)
Taking revenge till its bearable to other person is fine... But revenge by murdering them is not at all good... What I feel is god and mother gave us the birth... And one should not dare to end someone's life....
@jijajudy well said there
@LoriAMoore (9542)
I've never done the revenge thing. I don't have it in me.
@LoriAMoore.I know that you are a good woman there.
@averygirl72 (12356)
Some people feel better by doing revenge. Me I just let God bring judgement to them. They will pay for it sooner or later. The wrong thing they do will comeback to them
@averygirl72 they may feel better.Why do they have to kill he or she.Make no sense
I don't take revenge either. It would only make matters worse not better.
@just4him.that is for sure there.
I just ignore and have nothing to do with that person. I could never hurt anyone.
@jstory07 same here.Hurt is not in my body.But love
It seems a pointless exercise, but it's probably a natural reaction for some people, sadly.
@Poppylicious yes,most people cannot bit their tongue and forget it.Sure they are hurt.but will get over it.
@happyhaha (303)
• Fuzhou, China
The photo is belong to a US TV series, I had watched it a couple of years. I don't like revenge because it would bring so many uncomfortable for us, Everyone likes happiness, for me, it is the life what I want.
@happyhaha the photo is not the right one for the show.Checkout the woman there.It is not the original woman who starred in the series.
i think taking revenge is ok, but in order to do that, one have to be more specific about that, question is:what kind of revenge he/she wants? according to me, if something is occuring in front of you & you r suffering from that, now, you are not spontaneous enough to give an instant reply, then it's impact lasts in our mind for a very long period of time, which causes a severe damage.., so that's not good at all..