Computer Too Slow And Freezing

computer,
I guess I will have no choice but asking my computer technician to check my computer. Lately, it has been way too slow and sometimes it freezes and can't even type. I do not like to have my computer away from me. The technician is a very good one and does his best to do the work as soon as possible. But still, I become very impatient when my computer is away. I have a Samsung tablet but do not like to use the keyboard at all, it drives me nuts. Are you "unhappy" when your desktop is at the shop?
It's winter. Why shouldn't the computer freeze, too? :-)
LOL!!!!
@DianneN It's my funny day today! :-)
@MALUSE Funny to say but not funny to deal with.
I hate when that happens, I hope you get it back really soon. My old refurbished pc had Windows 7 and it either became infected with a virus or already had one when I got it so it was slow and froze a lot. In January I bought a new one, not refurbished, and it hasn't given me any trouble yet. I'm keeping my finger crossed.
I haven't send it to the technician yet. Still procrastinating.
Maybe you can run a scan like Malwarebytes or CCleaner @marlina could be that's all you need to clear up the mess.
@rebelannI am afraid of doing anything with the CCleaner: is it legitimate or a rip off?
I panic when I have no computer. They fix things pretty quickly here, but the wait is hard to endure.
The wait for a computer to be fixed is "torture" in my books.
Never had to take it to the shop. But I would certainly miss it.
I always miss my computer when it is not here.
@silvermist (20085)
@marlina I do not like the feeling of my computer away from me.
I feel lost without my computer.
@silvermist (20085)
@marlina Yes,computers have become a necessity for most of us.
@silvermist Computers are the way to go, hard to believe this a few decades ago.
My one computer crashed and that was a miserable two weeks. I have an ipod and tablet so this time around I could deal a lot easier. So you have "Ccleaner" (a program) on your computer?
Yes, I don't know how I got CCleaner but the icon is there. I am afraid to use it and mess up something. I also have Norton
@marlina Norton I believe has a similar cleaner you can run. Ccleaner helps speed up my computer when its bogged down from visiting sites. I run it on my sons computer laptop every few days to clear the junk we don't need. On my new Windows 10 computer the Ccleaner I had suddenly wont work on that platform so I need to see on cnet if I cnet if I can find another one.
I only have a laptop, but I have a friend who takes care of any problems for me.
I have a laptop and a former pupil, now a student of engineering, who I can call if I have problems. I give him money for his help and we're both happy. I pity everybody who doesn't know a computer whiz kid.
@MALUSE My friend won't take any money, but he comes here for meals sometimes.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
I no longer have my desktop and used a slow note book. I don't like keyboarding on a tablet either. My laptop has now been fixed so I'm happy. I do miss my desktop though.
My next computer will again be a desktop. I also have a Samsung tablet but do not like to type on it
So far we have been able to keep our desk top running.
Tha'ts good as it is easier to work on a desktop.
@harsh43 (10)
Try taking a backup of everything and formatting your computer. It will make it as fast as it was when you first purchased it.
Thanks
@mythociate (15735)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I don't think I've ever used a technician (except when I was moving and wanted to make sure there weren't any insects living in my computer ... and had my mom's friend's computer-technician son take it apart & clean it out). When it slows down, it's usually (if the equipment's not just old & worn out) 'too many temp-files on your machine'---files the computer feels like it has to spend time watching-over rather than running what you want it to run. I keep my computer's memory clean by using a memory-cleaning program---for a long time, I used cCleaner; but a fellow myLotter showed me Revo Uninstaller when a virus got in that cCleaner couldn't clean.
I will have to check out Revo as I was using ccleaner on my windows 10 and it no longer works on it all the sudden.
• Trinidad And Tobago
When I am working online, I go nuts when my computer is even a little bit slow!. I have three laptop and a huge TV screen to help me see better. The laptop is to make sure that I am never without a computer.
@Gita17112016 Honestly I much prefer to work on my desktop.
@sunrisefan (19116)
My PC has also been resetting by itself since last week. Don't really know the cause but I'm sort of confident because I've installed a Kaspersky Internet Anti-Virus software when I bought the PC last year.
@jhechorain (1218)
• Susanville, California
Maybe this will make you smile. It's a silly thing I used to say in chat rooms when I was a teenager when people mentioned their computer freezing . . . "Lick it and make it feel better" lol I don't know.
my x used to do all that work, I guess I had best ask J if she'd know what all needs done because I certainly do not
How old is your compueter? I know that my previous one was about 5 and it was slow -this new one is super fast. I do not send mine out - the guy comes here.
My computer is only 5 years old. I can have the guy come here too if I choose.
@marlina 5 is ancient for computers .... every time I've kept a computer that long I saw a huge improvement in speed when I got a new one.
@AbbyGreenhill Funny, I have never considered my computer "ancient". I don't really want to buy another one.
I am not having any problems right now but when the Internet connection isn't fast, it does make me unhappy and annoyed.
I want a tablet
I don't type on a desktop, I only use laptops. I don't like my main computer to be away from me..but I have substitutes. My friend lends me his chromebook if I really need it as well.
@MRXSNTRK (65)
• New York, New York
Hi, sorry you're having trouble with your computer. I have a Samsung Tablet PC running Windows 10, and another that runs Android. I don't know which Operating System is running on your tablet, but.... If your tablet is running Windows 10 try... 1. Disk Defrag 2. Disk Cleanup 3. Do all the system updates 4. Run the built in anti virus 5. Empty the computer's recycle bin. 6. Do a system Restore to a point where the computer was running ok. 7. Check your hard disk C:\ drive. It may be close to full, and you may have to delete some old programs or files. If your tablet is running Android try... 1. Updating/Upgrading the version of Android you are using. --Usually the tablet runs this automatically, but check your settings and find where you do the System updates. 2. May be too many apps and the storage is close to full. It also depends how old the tablet is. Well, hope these troubleshooting tips help out, before you decide to take the tablet to a technician. If you do want to go the technician route, then consider a new tablet. Sometimes the cost of fixing a computer or tablet is more expensive than getting a brand new, faster, and more powerful machine. I also have a twelve year old HP laptop that works very well, because I took out the Windows operating system, and installed Linux, which is free, and less computer resource intensive than most other operating systems. Good luck with your tablet! :)