The Bye-Product of the Election

@tallawah (7372)
Kingston, Jamaica
Yesterday I wound up speaking to three different people from three different places and different backgrounds. Yet all three made the statement that they 'no longer believe the media'. It is not simply the bias a station as BBC will invariably dispense when it comes to Israel it is the fact that no broadcasting station came out of this election unscathed. Each station, be it in America or England or elsewhere, exposed it's ability to twist news, to give their own opinions as if fact, and push the propaganda. It will not be easy for any current station, be it radio or television to regain whatever respect it held before their performance during this election.
@diosabella (4843)
Medias our eyes and ears. But sometimes just to have a good story they plot it the way they wanted it. But some are still honest and good and not just for the sake of a hig ratings.
@tallawah (7372)
• Kingston, Jamaica
It is not easy to say; this is honest. Right now... can we say the CNN is honest? Certainly not the BBC
@tallawah better not say names. but we do know who they are.
@tallawah (7372)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@diosabella I've often written about the BBC, the bias of which I know. The point is, if you tuned into XYZZ and did not know they supported AB then you might be fooled.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Thanks to social media, which has many of its own foibles, the true colors of the main stream media came to light this election cycle, and their credibility has been permanently tarnished.
@tallawah (7372)
• Kingston, Jamaica
Yes! Exactly how one of my friends put it. The word 'permanently' was not expected, but it was actually said by myself as well. I don't know if the media can recover.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@tallawah It would take a modern day Edward R Murrow, Ernie Pyle, or Walter Cronkite to have any chance at restoring people's faith in the Main Stream Media.
@tallawah (7372)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@DWDavis Walter Cronkite was solid. Everyone believed him because he had integrity. Now... I can't think of anyone I'd believe just so...
@PainsOnSlate (19223)
There are stations I will not pay attention because they are known for twisting the news. I have a couple I watch and listen too because they do not exaggerate...You just have to test them and see if they are telling the truth or not.
@tallawah (7372)
• Kingston, Jamaica
Besides those which have a bias which scream from the rooftops, there are those which are a bit more invidious as it takes time to expose them. I don't think any media has been given the 1,2,3 news without pushing in their views.