Sadly .....

@xFiacre (10367)
Ireland
Here pictured is proof of tonight's dinner, a chicken and apricot tagine of mediocre quality. I was quite disappointed. The dessert of panna  cotta with a raspberry coulis might well have redeemed the meal but I forgot about it so it's still in the fridge for tomorrow, and tomorrow's another day with its own joys and sorrows yet to unfold.
Good job. That looks really good.
@PatZAnthony (11730)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Is it a failed recipe or something that was purchased as a take-out meal?
@xFiacre (10367)
@patzanthony It was all mine. Take away meals depress me and I have very low expectations of them. When I cook something myself I expect more. Sadly tonight wasn't my night.
What a shame your dinner wasn't what you wanted. And fancy forgetting the panna cotta! Never mind. You'll enjoy it tonight.
I am impressed! The mediocre quality would be much appreciated in this house, since I am a vegetarian and do not cook. My husband, poor carnivore that he is, would love to taste the chicken and apricot tagine, and gauge is marvelous due to deprivation on a regular basis. As for the dessert you have prepared, it would be all mine and I would not share a bit of it.
It looks good to me, where's the problem?
@xFiacre (10367)
@rebelann Problem's in the seasoseasoning.
Oh, well, I couldn't smell it throu the photo @xFiacre
• Peoria, Arizona
Not a fan of fruits and meats together but it still looks good. Why was it mediocre?
@xFiacre (10367)
@desirousdreamer I don't think the seasoning was quite right and the sauce was a bit thin.
@pgntwo (21438)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Not enough kick, perhaps? Lacking a touch of harissa paste....?
I don't like fruit with my food so I would never combine apricots with chicken.