Is the work culture alright everywhere?

I am currently jobless. But I have nothing to regret about it. After trying my hand on several jobs here in India, I have decided that only a business can suit me, mainly because of the kind of hectic work culture here. We work here for about 10-12 hours every day (sometimes even more than that) without proper recognition and sometimes with even lot of scolding. So I call all myLot global members to share the situation in their country's corporate arena here...
• Peoria, Arizona
I think everyone is having a rough time. But you just have to never stop looking. Go for what you think is best
thanks @DesirousDreamer for your valuable insight.
• Peoria, Arizona
@varunsundars of course
@Brittnyrose (1457)
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
Things will get better and I'm sure you'll find something soon.
thanks @Brittnyrose for those words...
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
@varunsundars your welcome
@Juilee (443)
• Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I think your country's labour law is probably too lax. Do you get overtime payments for any extra hours? Do you get at least a day off? As for me, I do have a job and we strictly work for 8 hours per day unless we have to work extra hours, then we get overtime payment. We also get a day off. But this also depends on the company, some companies did illegal things and people are too afraid of losing their jobs to sue. Also if you're foreigner working in my country, local labour laws will not apply to you.
I completely agree with you @Juilee. Labor law in our country is too weak to the benefit of business owners!
In the USA, employment has improved a bit, but not much, at least in our state of Illinois. People continue to be laid off due to outsourcing of jobs, companies leaving the USA, and due to the giving of job to foreign workers. Hopefully, that will change soon with the new administration.