Trying To Get Back Into a Routine

The New Year started out with much anticipation but having my tooth pulled and my back giving me trouble it's been a slow start. I'm happy to say that my gum is healing nicely from the extraction and my back is getting better slowly but surely. My back gives me trouble when I overdo things and with all the holiday hoopla I guess I did overdo it a bit. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things but it's smart if I go slowly each day and not overdo it and make my back worse. As I look around and see so many things that need to get done I have to talk to myself and let it go and let someone else do it or it will just have to wait until I"m back to my old self. My daughter is out doing the grocery shopping so I don't have to do that at least. She's a big help and I'm lucky she moved in with me. I'm still having trouble sitting at the computer so my time here will be short. I probably should have asked Santa for a laptop so I could myLot from my recliner. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and hope everyone is smiling today
Hi! I hope you heal up quickly. We will be here when you are up to it.
I'd hate to have to work at a desktop - I just relax in my armchair with my laptop, it's so much more comfortable. Hope you are back to full strength soon.
Yes, just take things slow and easy. My back acts up when I overdo things, but if I wear my back brace when I engage in something that is a bit strenuous, that keep the back from aching after the job is done.
• Riga, Latvia
I will put in a prayer for you so your back gets better real soon. I have a painful sciatica and sit on a pillow on a chair by my PC. After awhile I have to lay down because it pains too much especially on cold days.
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Just take it day by day. It is nice that your daughter has moved in it you. It will be a big help. Take care of yourself so that you can feel better soon!
Do take it easy . . . you'll come back in full speed when you feel better! I'm glad your daughter is there to help out.
Hello and get better.Doctor order.
@stbrians (11790)
• Kakamega, Kenya
We are smiling but sorry about your tooth problem
@stbrians (11790)
• Kakamega, Kenya
@stbrians (11790)
• Kakamega, Kenya
• Pamplona, Spain
Get well soon. Even if your New Year has not started too well. You have healed the the gum where the tooth was taken out but a back takes a bit longer. Take it easy and you will soon be in shape.
@hostessman (8899)
• Tucson, Arizona
very glad to hear your doing pretty good, sitting up for awile can be a pain at times
I received a laptop, but I still prefer to use my desktop computer, a big screen and a full keyboard are so much better for myLot.
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
You really have been through a lot, haven't you. Two of the worst kinds of pain, toothache and backache. I'm glad that you are feeling better.
Take it easy , because you just have a tooth extraction . I hope your gum will heal soon .
@MarymargII (9403)
• Toronto, Ontario
Well I do hope your back gets better and I have arthritis and a bulging disc but have been good at keeping it from ' pulling a muscle" and making it painful! Rest and it will get fine. I also take a few Ibuprofen and it seems to help when I hurt it.
• Portland, Connecticut
I always MyLot from my recliner at home, it is very comfortable. I have found that I can mylot quite well on my smartphone.
Glad to hear that you are improving. Hopefully you will soon be back to your regular self.
I'm sorry about your back. It sounds very similar to mine as if I do too much or lift something the wrong way it lets me know and I am restricted for a few days while it 'mends'.
@moffittjc (41198)
• Gainesville, Florida
Glad to hear that you are on the mend! For some reason, my sleep routine has been all over the place since I returned from vacation. I just can't seem to get back in the groove with my sleep pattern, no matter how hard I try. So, I'm finding myself needing a couple of power naps throughout the day to keep me going, since I'm probably not getting more than 4-5 ours of sleep per night. Hopefully, I'll get it all figured out soon and get back into my groove.