Homeless people

@yanzalong (7827)
Indonesia
How can there be homeless people? People's welfare is the responsibility of the government. We can still see people sleeping on the streets. Doesn't government pay attention to them? What's your take on this?
@1creekgirl (8369)
I'm sorry for anyone who is homeless, but I disagree that it is the responsibility of the government to give everyone a house.
@yanzalong (7827)
Not necessarily to give them housing. At least, they should be protected.
@louievill (16252)
You are what you make your self to be except in some cases, think the situation or the actual meaning of homeless differs from country to country, just my opinion
@yanzalong (7827)
I have no idea if "homeless people" means different things among countries. Maybe some other mylotters can shed light on it?
@louievill (16252)
@yanzalong yes, in our country people live in wherever they want, vacant lots, under bridges, near " esteros" but it means they still have a house lol! In other countries this is not allowed so you roam and wander on the streets.
@yanzalong (7827)
@louievill It also happened in my country where homeless people built houses in slummy areas or along dirty rivers in the center of the city. However, local government had a raid on them to destroy their "ilegal" home. Very sad.
It's a real sad situation.
@yanzalong (7827)
Has government done something to improve the situation?
@yanzalong Well, I guess not.
@Jam4321 (589)
• Jamaica
I wouldn't really say the government should be responsible because there are numerous reasons behind why some people are homeless so that could also be considered