It Was Crumpets This Morning

@Hate2Iron (7967)
Good Morning Everyone, I'm first out of bed this morning and the pain is a little better... but I haven't tried to pull on socks yet lol. That would be the first test. I thought that I wouldn't bother as I plan to take a shower after breakfast so I thought that I would chance it. Maybe the heat might help. I had crumpets this morning and fruit this morning. Just not in the mood for cereal this morning which is generally my first pick. Coffee will be after that... and then a nice long hot shower. As for after that... haven't quite decided. I guess it will all depend on how I feel!! Hope that everyone is off to a great start!!
is crumpets sort of a biscuit.Many here are not aware of it.
@Hate2Iron (7967)
You know... I don't know how to describe it to tell the truth. It's round like a biscuit but it has sort of a rubber texture and is full of holes. You toast it and then slather it with butter. It's an English thing that I discovered when I married into a British family! Love those... hate Marmite !
@Hate2Ironhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crumpet This will give you the answer to this.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Crumpet A buttered crumpet Type Bread Place of origin England Main ingredients Flour, yeast Cookbook: Crumpet  Media: Crumpet A crumpet i/kr?mp?t/ is a griddle cake made from flour and yeast
@fishtiger58 (30320)
• Momence, Illinois
I am showing my ignorance here but what is a crumpet exactly.
@Hate2Iron (7967)
No you are not showing any ignorance... I never heard of them either. Hubby grew up on them and started buying them when we got married. Soooo good!!
Crumpets! That sounds so nice! :)
I do not think I have ever had a crumpet. I should have a crumpet at some point in my life.