Odyssey Of An Unknown Radio Song

@sabtraversa (13331)
Italy
Last Saturday I heard a song on the radio, I tried SoundHound. I had no internet connection available, so I had to wait until I got home. SoundHound found me the wrong song! I was very disappointed. A few days later I couldn't even recall what the rhythm/melody was like, nor the lyrics. Last night I stayed awake until 4 in the morning, listening to the 2000's best/hit songs. It felt good to go back in time. Well, it felt like these songs came out yesterday. I would have never guessed the real age of some songs. More than 10 years old? Really? I still couldn't find this song, so I tried the less probable option: see if there's the playlist of the songs played by this radio. Phew, at least I remembered which radio that was. And YAY, I did find the played songs! It's a national "service", Smart Tuner. I also remembered what the time was, more or less. 1993, I was too focused on the current millenium. I would have never found it. Again, I didn't guess the age of a song. Yeah, right, I could have used Spotify and look for similar artists. I couldn't think of any similar artists though, I could barely remember the vocalist was a male. How would you find a song if you had no clue about the music or lyrics, you didn't know the artist, nor the title, but you really want to find it?
Music video by Spin Doctors performing Two Princes. (C) 1992 SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT
I thought I recognized that guy...I had that album. My favorite from it...
Spin Doctors' official music video for 'Little Miss Can't Be Wrong'. Click to listen to Spin Doctors on Spotify: http://smarturl.it/SDrSpotify?IQid=SDrLM As ...
@sabtraversa (13331)
Wow, this song is pretty different. Do these two songs come from the same album?
@sabtraversa Yep, 'Pocket Full Of Kryptonite'
@moffittjc (45390)
• Gainesville, Florida
@JolietJake I still have the CD 'Pocket Full of Kryptonite' in my collection. Great album! I would have thought for sure the Spin Doctors would have been popular for a longer period of time than they were. They had such great potential.
@FayeHazel (20079)
I hate when that happens. I don't currently have any of those apps - so I'm stuck the old fashioned way, writing down song lyrics
@sabtraversa (13331)
At least you remember to write down the lyrics somehow.
I think I would just give up and hope to hear it again
@sabtraversa (13331)
I would only give up if I was distracted by something else for a long time.