Ch-Ch-Changes for my Cat

@CRK109 (14403)
I almost always listen to my intuition. It seems to help me in sticky situations and I think it may have done the same this time around. In this case, it surrounds recent happenings with my cat. I've written about her "accidents" on my bed too many times already, so I won't go into details. Let's just say, a drop cloth can be your best friend in these cases. But since the drop cloth didn't seem to bring a complete halt to the problem, I kept watching my cat to see if I could figure out more possible solutions. One night, while I was laying in bed, I saw my cat skitter across the bed and onto the window sill. We are 13 floors up and I often catch her (at night) watching the lights of cars as they move through the neighborhood. But on this particular night, something out there seemed to upset her. She would race from the window, back out of the bedroom, howl for a while and then come to the middle of the bed and crane her neck to peek out the window (my windows are huge and so is the bed, but she really seemed afraid of something out there). So, I got up and pulled the shades all the way down. And then she came into bed and snuggled with me. Possibility there. Another thing I noticed was a problem with her litter box. I had placed it under the bathroom sink when I moved in. But she's a large cat (with a large litter box), and I'm not sure she has enough room to move around under there. So, I moved the box to the wall just inside the doorway where there's nothing in her way. She came into the room to see what I was doing and I showed her the box. Oh, she sniffed around as if it was something completely new to her (!!!!) and then walked away. Since then, no accidents. She's using the box for everything. The shades are still down in the bedroom. She doesn't seem to have a problem with the living room windows, so thankfully I still have a view there! I'll give this more time to evaluate. I'm hoping I stumbled upon the problem. Good thing I have a lot of time on my hands. I'm not sure many other people would go to these lengths for a cat. But for all the love and companionship she gives to me, she's definitely worth it! Claudia
That will be so worth it if it fixes your problem. You're very patient - and very kind. :)
@CRK109 (14403)
No accidents at all in a couple of days so something is working. I don't even care which trick did it. I'm just thrilled that I figured it out and that my cat is happy again! Of course, the drop cloth stays...just in case! lol
@CRK109 That's great. I'd be leaving the drop cloth in place too.
I love my older cat. She is 15 years old. For a couple of years now I have had problems with her not using a litter box. She will however use pee pads to do her duty on. Unfortunately she often goes on the corner and it ends up on the floor. I am constantly changing the pads and cleaning up her messes. But, she is my old gal. I'll be okay with it.
@CRK109 (14403)
Yes, you sound like me. Once we love them, we deal with their problems and do our best to help them along. Your cat is so blessed to have you!
@CRK109 yes she is. Have to clean up her pads now and lay down fresh. It is costing me a small fortune.
She is definitely in charge.
@CRK109 (14403)
Shhhhh! I really don't want her to know! (but yes, she's the boss around here)