Whistle Blowing

Randomness
@Inlemay (17032)
South Africa
Strange whistle blowing noises are ringing out in my neck of the woods and as per my usual inquisitive nature, I went investigating . . . It seems the "garbage removal truck" has implemented a new system which requires a whistle - the referee kind of whistle, which is blown every time the pick up at a certain point is done! Quite a clever idea but I think on Wednesdays it might just drive me crazy with all the whistle blowing goings on. Which brings to mind, how many of you have never, ever, blown a whistle of the referee kind? I used one for 25 years while umpiring hockey, and now it is in my handbag as a "protection" mechanism. Lets hear it from the myLots! total randomness is my postcard, just as my topic!
• Uzbekistan
My whistle story is second-hand. A colleague of mine can perfectly imitate a whistle as it is used in train stations. I heard him. It's true. He told me that once he set a train in motion because the driver of the locomotive had taken it for real.
@Inlemay (17032)
• South Africa
Oh goodness me, that could be quite the leading to a train smash
• Uzbekistan
@Inlemay It wasn't as dramatic as you think. The conductor was ready to blow the whistle. My colleague whistled just some seconds before him.
@Inlemay (17032)
• South Africa
@MALUSE I remember catching a train in Germany and when that whistle blows then you are probably LATER than you think - no getting on after that - German Preciseness
@valmnz (12744)
• New Zealand
This reminded me of the days when the postie used to blow a whistle every time she delivered mail to a letter box.
my truck comes by at 5 am, that would be awful!
I remember my Grandad letting me blow his whistle. He was a guard on the railway.
@Asylum (48224)
• Manchester, England
I would find it very annoying for the refuse collectors to keep blowing whistles.
Same as Judy I have never blown a referee whistle, but I remember very well I threw in the garbage a whistle that my younger brother received as a gift. He was driving me crazy, I have always hated the noises. My father approved me a lot, unfortunately not my Mom.
I've never, ever, ever blown a referee's whistle!
@syeow1 (4958)
It's OK.if they think it helps them