First Night Shift Starts Tonight!

Hope everyone is doing well and surviving the snow (if you got any). Here we have about a total of 5 inches in the past couple of days, not too bad but is certainly keeping me busy shoveling. Tonight should be interesting, it's my first "night shift" at my job - ever! I will be working from 8:30 PM to 4:30 PM. I woke up like I would normally today, it's just after 10 AM but I will be taking a nap around 1 and seeing what happens. I don't know if I am at all prepared for what this has in store and to adjusting my schedule like this. But we will see! Has your schedule changed drastically lately? Any last minute advice for me? Everyone have a great day!
I´m enjoying the summer in my country
Good!
• New Delhi, India
Won't this be hard for you?
Most definitely.I have only ever worked one or two night shifts (from about 8-3) when I was working at a retail store during "inventory week". I kept busy so it wasn't too bad. I am looking for other jobs in my same company, but for the mean time, I will be working the night shift! I am trying to tell myself it will be just like staying up super late. But I never stay up that late (I am asleep by 10 every night). Lol. We shall see how it goes!
• New Delhi, India
@maezee all the very best.. Have faith in yourself and the almighty.. Do tell us aout your experience later on.
@amitkokiladitya I most definitely will do. Thank you!
No snow here and unseasonably warm. but we will get hit again before winter is over. Hope the night shift works out well for you. In college, I worked 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. at a restaurant, then hopped on the train to go to the University of IL at Chicago. I was young, so handled that well, but no way could I do that again.
Nice to hear about no snow. Just spent almost 2 hours shoveling. I am praying for no more snow at least for the next couple of days while I recover from that shoveling. Lol! Wow, 11 to 7 would be a hard shift. Did you find it was hard to stay awake? Or do you really feel like you got used to it? Sounds like a very busy schedule.
@maezee I did get used to it, and I do think being young made the night shift easy to handle. I think I slept on the train.
@Corbin5 Nice. I am in my late 20s so hopefully that is young enough. One advantage I have is that I am a big sleeper; like I can take naps almost any time of day. Which may work in my favor!
@carebear29 (28586)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Good luck on your new shift
Thanks!!
@Jam4321 (581)
• Jamaica
Well we don't have snow (luckily ) but it is still cold as it is winter here. Hope you stay safe and warm in that weather and at work.
@rina110383 (24135)
Still the same schedule for me. I hope everything goes well with your new schedule.