Not a fan of Apple right now

So, since I got my new laptop, I have been trying to get my iTunes set up. Currently, I have been trying for over an hour just today to try and access the pictures on my phone through the computer, sync my phone and update it. Google is no help at all. I am just so frustrated.
@Morleyhunt (14938)
Change is always difficult. I'm leRning to use my wireless printer scanner. Then I've had to find a way to attach my document to an email. After about five attempts it was attached. Now if I could remember what I did differently.
Technology is rarely simple.
@Morleyhunt (14938)
@Morethanamom not for me. I'm technologically challenged. It's never simple.
• Peoria, Arizona
Why not use dropbox for now for pictures and update it through your settings? Don't get frustrated and I'm sure someone will help you
We deleted dropbox off our old computer because it was causing issues. We couldn't open up pictures on our computer that we had previously been able to. I have now deleted my music off my phone, hoping to free up enough room to update it, and hopefully then I can access the pictures.
• Peoria, Arizona
@Morethanamom How did it cause issues? Also that is weird, I hope you get it all figured out!
@DesirousDreamer For some reason it doesn't like Windows 10. We couldn't use Cortana or look at any of the pictures on our computer when dropbox was installed.
@Plethos (4853)
How are you trying to Sync? Only apple product I have is an ipod touch and I sync it with the lightning cable
With the cable. I never tried using the wifi, I don't think with the wifi would help right now.
@Plethos (4853)
@Morethanamom - yeah I know what you mean. I just unplug and plug it back, then the ipod is listed on my files. It's not that reliable.
@Plethos Unfortunately that was tried and did not work. What I ended up doing was deleting all my music(didn't listen to it often anyway and can retrieve it from our external hard drive), and updated, then I was able to access my pictures. To update my apps, I had to log in under my husband's id and authorize my computer and re-download everything. Not easy, but it worked.