A Useful Gift

That 's the gift and also me and hubby with her cousin who hosted the Thanksgiving lunch .
Last January 1, when we attended the Thanksgiving lunch party of my hubby’s cousin at their house, after attending the New Year mass in the morning,I also received a gift from her again too. Actually, she has a gift for everyone and this thanksgiving lunch party is always every January 1. It’s her way of sharing their blessings every year, she said. They even have games at the compound’s grounds. It’s always a much awaited time of the year for everybody at their compound. Anyway, the gift she gave me may not cost a lot, but I appreciate it so much. It is a mug with a stirrer and a cover with a hole on the side for the stirrer to stand out, as you can see in the picture. I actually use it every day at the office. I like receiving gifts that I can always use. It makes me remember the person every time I use it. Have you received a gift that may not be costly, but useful to you?
That's a very useful and practical gift. I prefer gifts that I can use daily over expensive and fancy gifts that I can hardly use.
I am so like you , my friend . I don't like gifts that i have no use of .
@SIMPLYD that is why, when I have no clue what gift to give, I just give gift cards or cash so the person receiving it can purchase something that he/she can use.
@allen0187 That's what we give ur daughter too . She doesn't like the gifts she received like shirt and sweatshirts . She just keeps them in her drawer here and after a year i would ask her if i can just gve it away and she would say yes.
@magallon (18090)
Yes.. Every December 9 here in the college, the head of the midwifery celebrates her birthday and she gives out gifts to her visitors that are not so costly but useful.
Really ! Oh , that is so generous of her . Instead of her expecting gifts, she gives out gifts. She must have lots of money because i suppose there are many to give even if they aren't costly gifts . My birthday too is December 09.
@magallon (18090)
@SIMPLYD oh really... You have the same birthdate.. Yes she really has lots of money because all of her three children are in the states.
@magallon Oh no wonder , she gives out gifts . She's just giving back her blessings . That's nice of herr.
Sounds a very useful gift to me.
If ever , would this be also useful to you ?
@SIMPLYD Yes, it would be great for coffee I think.
@TRBRocks420 Yes, for cold and hot drinks .
This is a very nice gift. I surely prefer something inexpensive but practical than a precious thing that I never use. I have received so many expensive gift that I have sold because I did not use them.
Really , you sold them . At least when you sold them , you now have money to buy what you like best as gift . Me l i gave them away , if i have no use of them .
@SIMPLYD Well, I can give away things that have not a big value, but I had several silver objects that had a great value, but I had no use for them. The clients of my husband used to offer those gifts, it's easy to sell silverware. I have kept expensive handbags, even if I use them very little.
@LadyDuck That's good because those silverwares are easy to sell. I oinly got one expensive bags , a small Guess bag , that i onlyget to use on occasions . The rest are not expensive and branded bags .
That is a very nice and practical gift. I too like practical gifts!
Yes, indeed. When I opened the gift , i smiled because it is something i like and will be useful everyday .
@SIMPLYD That is wonderful. For my sister I get her pajamas and sweaters. I see her wear them and it makes me happy she likes them :)
@infatuatedbby Precisely . I hate it when my gift isn't being used , so i give practical gifts too to my sisters .
@ridingbet (52693)
i have received many mugs as gifts, but they are safely kept inside the glass cabinet. i still use that red mug from my sister for about 25 years now.
Mug is the ost abused gfts . We also have lots at the cabinet . ha ha ha But this one is not the usual mug , so i like it and find it useful .
@ridingbet (52693)
@SIMPLYD when i was in my elementary years, the usual Christmas gifts were towelettes, soap, handkerchief, and marsh mallows.
@ridingbet Yes , that is so true . Curly tops also . ha ha ha
@garymarsh6 (14062)
Sometimes small very useful gifts are much better than expensive not useful gifts. My delight this year was to get a belt with my name on it to go around my suitcase. Not expensive but it will help me very much on my travels as my case will stand out at the airport!
So, have you recived a belt with your name last Christmas time ?
@garymarsh6 (14062)
@SIMPLYD Yes my daughter got it for me. I was thrilled with it!
@garymarsh6 She must be so happy because youreally , really liked it .
• New Delhi, India
This is such a lovely mug... I like it so much
Yes, I like it so much too, because it has a cover and a stirrer that sticks out because the cover has a hole for it.
• New Delhi, India
@SIMPLYD it lovely.. I would love to have one of this kind.lol
@amitkokiladitya Indeed it's lovely . Maybe you can look for something like this at a mall in your place .
@shaynas (5529)
That's a beautiful mug! I always appreciate gifts that i can use, rather than something costly lying in my closet.
That is true . Have you received a useful gift ever in your life ?
@shaynas (5529)
@SIMPLYD Yeah, many. Mugs, junk jewelleries or crockeries , i love to receive them all :)
@shaynas Jewelries , they must be real so i can appreciate it . ha ha ha
Is it not satisfying when gifts turn out to be useful. It is not always the case. At our wedding we got pressure cookers yes cookers while just one is what is needed in the kitchen (lol)
That is true . Useful things are what's most appreciated . And you are rught , rice cooker is the st abused gift at weddings and also wall clock . . But at least the wall clocks woulc be placed on bedrooms and you can place one also at the bathroom if you received a lot a the wedding .
@Beatburn (3912)
I like gifts I can use. Those that I can't, I give to others who might need it.
Same with me . With gifts i have no use of , i also give t away , rather than stocking it for years.
@Beatburn (3912)
@SIMPLYD Right. someone else might have good use for it.
@Tina30219 (34144)
• Onaway, Michigan
I like your mug. As for receiving a gift that may be useful to me other than clothes none.
Thank you . It's better than the ordinary mug because it has a storrer that you can cver and with t stickng out.
@Tina30219 (34144)
• Onaway, Michigan
@SIMPLYD My girlfrien said she found one like this on amazon it even had a base thing you could place your mug on to keep it warm.
@brokenbee (7859)
Wow! That is nice because it has a cover. Not all mugs have their own cover.
That is true . Nad t has a stirrer that is just sticking ut .
@brokenbee (7859)
@SIMPLYD That's great! Hmmmm!
@suhail1 (940)
• Manila, Philippines
anything given to me with a whole heart Is worth a lot
To me yes too . But iI prefer that it be something that I can use always.
@suhail1 (940)
• Manila, Philippines
@SIMPLYD that would be cool
@FayeHazel (17981)
That mug is cool, I agree, I love useful items. I use my toaster cover most days... it was a nice gift
That gift to yours is really nice because you get to use it for your toaster.
@Bluedoll (17069)
I must try to listen to people more. Sometimes they will tell you what they need and sometimes it is not that expensive. Yes a thoughtful gift is appreciated. It is mostly the thought that counts.
Yes , actually that's the way to see what your friends like so when their birthday comes , your gift will really be useful and appreciated . Usually , the are inexpensive .
@epiffanie (10466)
Time spent with me is the most precious gift that anyone can give me... I don't like receiving any material things ..
Oh that is so nice of you . No , material thing indeed can replace the time spent with you by a friend or somebody you love .
Well I just got for Christmas some kind of masher device, and I think I will use it to break up hamburger, and I used it to mash potatoes.
Wow, that is a nice useful giftyou also received .
Your cousin is very thoughtful. I think that's a pretty as well as practical gift.
Yes, indeed . That's shy she's so blessed more .
Oh yes, over the years.
Can you remember what useful gift have you received that you like the most