The Mouse Has Been Caught!

Thank you everyone for your advice and best wishes. Me and my roomies have been struggling with a single mouse problem since about Christmas Eve. We had set up every type of trap you could buy, yet we kept finding mouse poop, ripped up insulation and so forth. Finally, yesterday, the mouse made an appearance in the kitchen while my sister was in it and she managed to catch it in a tupperware. What a blessing! She drove it a few miles away and dumped it at a busy intersection (not sure why she wouldnt bring it to the woods or something) and she last saw it running into q McDonalds parking lot. Ha! Mixed feelings on this. Would you kill the mouse? I know I couldnt just because I am a baby and even though it caused us so much of an inconvenience (and money for traps,also ate the insulation out of my winter boot!) In a way I am wondering if freeing it to Mcdonalds will make it someone elses problem. Oh well. Hoping everyone is having agreat night or morning.
Glad to hear you caught the mouse and, set it free far away, but the woods would have been better for McDonalds lol.
Haha... Thats what I was thinking. I eat at that MCDs sometimes! But maybe he will make a home in the dumpster.
@Jackalyn (7230)
• Oxford, England
Freya would soon have sorted it.Glad it is gone.
Is that your cat? Cats seem to be good at that thing.
@Jackalyn (7230)
• Oxford, England
@maezee Meow. It is ?Me.?.
@Jackalyn shes an adorable mouse catcher :)
• Bournemouth, England
I have read that if you humanely catch a mouse you have to take it a great distance away, 2 - 3 miles, ideally the other side of a river. Near a fast food outlet is probably a very good substitute!
Thats what Ive heard aswell. So far it has not found its way back!
• Bournemouth, England
@maezee The above advice may just be about giving the mouse a nice trip before its return. I hope you manage to stay mouse-free.
@Plethos (11712)
id have no problem using it for target practice.
Ahh how would you kill it though?
@Plethos (11712)
@maezee - break it's neck. Throw UT to cats. I've dealt with eat problems in the past, so I have no problem ridding the meeces of their live.
No, I would not kill the mouse. I would use a humane mousetrap and place that little thing in a field quite a distance from my home.
Ok good. Glad to see we were not alone in this! I do think a field would have been more appropriate too
• Uzbekistan
I would set it free, too. It will get fat at McDonalds. :-)
Hehe glad I am not alone. It will probably love living in the Mcds dumpster!
Scar has yet (to my knowledge) allowed any mice to hang out here.
Ha. The dog here is useless in that department. She would rather lounge on the couch. We need a cat!