Barter deals to overcome cash crunch

Due to demonetization here in India, there is a limit set on how much cash one can draw in a week or daily basis. This has crippled life somewhat. Some have come up with an idea of barter deals where cash is not involved but things and services are exchanged. Reports have it this is quite successful. Here is a link that talks of such deals in Mumbai Do you have anything to barter? I have great posts here (lol)
Commuter charges phone of driver, another offers bag of rice for auto ride.
@AliCanary (1635)
That's a good idea, you can barter services as well as goods. To be honest, maybe that gives people with less money more of an opportunity!
I may have things that I have no use for which I could barter for something others may have that I need. It is already working here in India.
Bartering sounds like a good idea in this situation. I am a retired teacher, and if I had to barter, I would offer tutoring services.
What would you want in the barter?
@Corbin5 Wow!! - a perfect barter indeed.
I think bartering is a great idea. Mostly it's a win-win situation.
I have loads of stuff that I have no need for but the question is to organises these barters. Someone has to take the lead.
@allknowing That's true. We had an organisation here where people could buy, sell or offer services and get points then use those points to buy, sell, etc. It worked quite well but as you say, someone has to take the lead.
• Pamplona, Spain
Where there is a will there is a way. Great idea until they solution all the problem. I donĀ“t know if they would do that over here. But come to think of it if they were pushed enough they might too as they did it before years ago.
A bit of planning could perhaps create a situation where all could place their items at one place and someone could monitor the barter deals.
@Beatburn (3979)
One person's excess is another person's need. And to barter services is also a good deal. Negotiating skills and of course getting to know more people.
Someone should take this up as a business.
@Beatburn (3979)
@allknowing We do that here. There's a website where people can swap stuff.
@Beatburn May be there is one here too. I must search. thanks.
I'm perfectly happy with using cash and my credit cards. I can't think of one thing I'd part with.
Here in India due to monetization there is a cash crunch.
@allknowing I've heard that. So if we visit India, should we get currency exchanged in the US?
@DianneN This situation is temporary. You can always use your credit card though