not the 1st and 2nd , only the 3rd stanza

@suhail1 (940)
Manila, Philippines
The national anthem debate has been going on in few countries regarding modifications or change. In some countries serious law enforcement awaits for those who are not into national anthem. Anyway I am not too much into national anthem thing, whether we have one or not does not make a difference to me. I like to be proud in being a global citizen not a citizen of a country. Today I had an opportunity to read about German national anthem.Germans don’t sing the whole national anthem, only the third stanza is legal, first and second are not sung. Why 1st and 2nd is banned? I leave you to find out as I find mixed reasons why so. should national anthem be forced on people?
That is so strange that in germany only one stanza is sung. I will have to do a search and see what information I can find.
@suhail1 (940)
• Manila, Philippines
you gonna come out with some cool facts
@suhail1 Seems people were offended by the lyrics is what I gathered from the results of my search.
@suhail1 (940)
• Manila, Philippines
@shaggin something of that sort plus the words don't hold true in the modern day world in some case
@epiffanie (10413)
I made myself a World citizen a few years ago ... I am not as patriotic nor am I nationalistic ..
@suhail1 (940)
• Manila, Philippines
pleasure meeting people like you, am happy
@ilocosboy (34320)
I think it should be compulsory for us to sing the national anthem. That is why we call it national.
@suhail1 (940)
• Manila, Philippines
everyone has their opinion, I do respect yours